Download ROMS to your iPhone/iPod Touch Via PC or Mac, without Cydia!

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by iWindows, Jul 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iWindows

iWindows New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    • Misleading material
    Hello!

I will be showing you how to download ROMS to your iDevice free, and without Cydia, because all sources i've tried, don't work!

Programs Needed.

SB Settings (Cydia)

Open SHH (Cydia)

WinSCP (Windows)
    OR
    Fringe (Mac)

iDevice Emulator (Cydia)

Wifi.

Step one
    Open WinSCP or Fringe

Step two

Slide your finger vertically on the time of your iDevice. a box should come up with words on the bottom.
    Look at the wifi IP.

type it into the HOST NAME.

Example:

HOST NAME: 192.168.132.149

USERNAME: ROOT PASSWORD: Alphine (DEFAULT PASSWORD)

Note: if you have changed your password through Mobile Terminal then that is your password

Click login

Step Three.

A box should come up saying, are you sure you want to do this, this may be som- yada yada.

unless you typed in the EXACT same IP adress, password and username as someone elses device, i think you'll be fine. if you did, Have fun with their files. or if you have a good conscious then log out and try again.

ANYWAYS:

the box on the right is your iDevice's files, Left is the computers files.

Click on the folder on the very top of the list, with an arrow pointing up.

look for a folder called "Mobile" if its not there, click on the first choice again, and look... again.
    if you did find it click on it then click,

Media-->ROMS-->(Emulator)

Step Four.

Now Download the ROM that you want from [removed] or whatever site you use.

Extract and Drag the contents (.GBA for gpsPhone for example) into the right side of WinSCP or Fringe. Let it Copy.

Step Five.
    Now Restart your iDevice. (Slide your finger Across the time, tap power, restart)

Voila! Your ROMS should be on your emulator!

This is My first Post, I would love to hear feed-back!

thanks!

iWindows

-If you have any problems Message me and i will Adress them as soon as possible!

***Disclaimer***

You may download a game ROM ONLY if you can do so legally. This means you must own the actual cartridge (or other media the ROM was distributed on) of the ROM you are downloading. Under the copyright laws of the U.S., you are entitled to own a backup of any software you have paid for. Since ROMS cannot be backed up without expensive machines that not everyone has access to, the ROM images here are provided to the public as a service. Most countries have similar laws but it is your responsibility to know the laws of the country you reside in. You will NEVER sell these ROMS for profit. Most game companies don't mind the distribution of their game's ROMS because they no longer exist, but they WILL mind if someone sells them. You will NOT distribute ROMS together with emulators as a package. This is VERY important. Packaging a ROM and an emulator together could get the authors of the emulators into trouble, which would result in no updates to the emulators. You will NEVER hold anyone at This site (including its webmasters and other staff, or anyone else related to this website) or our webhosts responsible for any damage caused to your system, or for any legal actions taken against you for not obeying the above stated rules, or for any other reason. YOU are solely responsible for any and all consequences. This site's sole purpose is to provide a service to those who don't have access to a ROM backup machine, but would like to preserve their games.
  2. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    pretty sure you can't mention sites that have ROMs on them.
  3. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  4. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
  5. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4

ROMs are not legal under US copyright law. Even if you're outside the US, ROMs are not allowed to be discussed on this site.

(default SSH password is Alpine btw)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.