Download flash videos with safari download plugin

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by melon55, Jul 18, 2009.

1. melon55

melon55 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    when i try to download a flash video on some websites with safari download plugin, it says that adobe flash is required. so i turn on imobilecinema. But when i tap the video it plays the video instead of going to the page with the play or download options.

So basically what i am asking is, is there a way to go into the safari download menu thing instead of playing with straight away with imobilecinema.

Hope someone can get what i am trying to say

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. wyndwarrior

wyndwarrior Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    What are you going to do with the .flv file? You can't play it anyways.
  3. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

You cannot do that. The download plugin only applies to videos that the iPod could normally play, which does not include .flv videos. If you did somehow manage to download the .flv file, you would be unable to play it on your iPod.
  4. melon55

melon55 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well i used to be able to download the videos from the site on 2.2.1. but when i updated to 3.0 it stopped coming up with menu. also i planned to play it with dtunes. it worked on 2.2.1. havnt tried on 3.0 (because havnt been able to try. whole point of this thread).

update!: turns our the videos were not flv format. i re-installed the plugin and problem solved

Please Register or Log in to view images