Download files accessed in Safari

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Spectral, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Spectral

Spectral New Member

Hello there,
    I know many have asked for the same app/hack/fix. Is it possible to write a small app/fix that makes it possible to download, let's say, the .mp3/.mpg file I just listened to on a Safaripage on my iTouch. Like changing the "+" sign for adding it as a bookmark but makes it download the file to a map on the iTouch instead. Would be an awesome program if it existed ^^

I know there is the terminal option with "wget" but there is no copy paste function from Safari, and it's just not seamless.

Coders, head my call! =)
  2. Spectral

Spectral New Member

Shameless bump
  3. Spectral

Spectral New Member

Ok, I know this: You can listen to a song at, let's say SeeqPod (http://www.seeqpod.com/iphone) and then load a song in MobileSafari.app on your iTouch. When the song (.mp3) has loaded to 100% it will get stored locally in "/var/root/tmp/MediaCache/") for a while, with a strange name like "CachedMedia-OB6pbS" or something like it. You could then use MobileFinder.app to move and rename it to .mp3, and the SFTP it to you computer, done!

But there shouldnt be to hard to make an app that do this:
    ...first you "listen to the song to make it get stored...
    Then!
    - "SongFetch.app" looks for the newest file in "/var/root/tmp/MediaCache/" and moves it to it's own folder (could be editable in settings, like "/var/root/Songs"), and then appends a .mp3 tag to it.
    - And maybe appends a name to it somehow, (dont think there are any ID3 tags in the file itself, maybe that could be fetched too?, or it ask for the Name, Artist etc when in the moving process
    - Somehow getting the files to your iTunes library with little or no effort

Now if someone made this a real app (which "shouldn't" be that difficult) we could have a great iTouch/iPhone program

Please Register or Log in to view images

What do you guys think?
  4. macdog303

macdog303 Member

That is a great idea. I wish i had a mac to write all of these useful programs...
  5. Spectral

Spectral New Member

Please then, someone else make it happen =)
  6. kmj04

kmj04 New Member

good idea

Please Register or Log in to view images

i too want to see this app created.