Download a Zune library?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by fishtek, Jun 21, 2009.

1. fishtek

fishtek New Member

I just got a Touch (G2), and understand that they'd like me to get all my music from iTune....but...I've got a pretty big music library in my computer that hooks up to my Zune MP3 player. Should I be able to sync to the Touch as well? The "automatic" sync from Zune doesn't seem to go anywhere...

TIA!
    Don
  2. IceBerg

IceBerg New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    if the files are mp3 they will work, if they are wma and you have a license for the DRM you can convert them, I can not say if itunes will do that automatically or not as I no longer run windows. If you have a valid license for them you can use FairUse4WM, note you must have a legal license for these in WMP, FU4WM is not a crack it's just fair use.

Unfortunately DRM is a pain for everyone and is the reason Apple fought so hard to abandon it after it failed to be user friendly for them.
  3. fishtek

fishtek New Member

Hmmmmm.....

My music on the computer is definitely mp3. When I connect my Touch to the computer when the Zune page is up, it asks me to find the mobile device, but won't recognize the Touch. Maybe there's something proprietary in the Ipod that prevents handshaking? Not a REAL big deal, but would like to transfer some noise...
  4. MuseFan288

MuseFan288 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    well the music from your library has got to be somewhere in your comp find it and drag it into itunes
  5. IceBerg

IceBerg New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    the music imported to the zune library manager is NOT mp3 it will be protected WMA. If you imported the music from MP3s then just drag the original mp3 files into the itunes music library and itunes will add or copy them. Then you just synch your touch.
  6. fishtek

fishtek New Member

Ahhhhh...I'm beginning to see the light! Now I have to figure out how to batch-import/export the music! I'll hate to have to import 'em one at a time...

Thanks for the leads, guys...you may hear from me again...

Regards!
    Don
  7. IceBerg

IceBerg New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    as long as your music is unprotected you can select the whole lot and drop it onto the music library in itunes and it will do the rest for you. Time will be dependent on the number and size of the songs.