Downgrading...Worth it for working emulators, VoIP, iSlsk, etc?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Noisemaker, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Noisemaker

Noisemaker Banned

I'm seriously considering this. It seems like so little works on 2.0.x firmware, and so much works on the earlier non-appstore firmwares.

Is it worth it to downgrade? Do all of these things still work, or are they now defunct even for the firmwares they were meant for?
  2. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

lol no.

Why would you NOT stay? Last time I checked, there are emulators. iSlsk is being released fairly soon, plus you have dTunes right now.
  3. Noisemaker

Noisemaker Banned

The only emulator working for me at the moment is NES. I even got the Beta versions of GB4iPhone, gpsPhone, and SNES4iPhone, and none of them would boot. Just instant crash to the springboard.

Even NES is pretty laggy with audio on.
  4. xxhorseriderxxx

xxhorseriderxxx Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Personally, I feal that 2.0 doesn't satisfy my needs like 1.1.4 does. I'm less attracted to flashy graphics than I am to gameplay. Personally, I'd rather stick with 1.1.4 'till Genesis and SNES get ported again. Unfortunately fer 2.0.X, it's caused a lot more complaints than it should have. Not only that, the Appstore utilities were all pretty much better through the older installer (AM, converter, graphing calculator, exe)
  5. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

The App Store utilites actually have to become more cultivated for Apple to accept them.

Last time I checked, NES, gpSPhone, and quake are out and working perfectly fine. SNES is working perfectly fine.

I couldn't really care less; if you want to be on an old dumb firmware that will never be supported, go ahead. I like my 2.0.x.