Downgrading iPod Touch 3G 3.1.3 with Friends SHSH and ECID?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nonslim, Feb 22, 2010.

1. nonslim

nonslim New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Well, When I jailbroke my friends 3.1.2 ipod touch 3G for him, I saved the SHSH, and ECID on my Computer, and sent them to my email.

I was planning on buying an ipod touch 3G, and ofcourse, it comes with the 3.1.3 update.

So my question is:

IS IT POSSIBLE TO TAKE MY FRIENDS SHSH-ECID, AND USE THAT TO DOWNGRADE MY IPOD TOUCH 3G?

I already know how to do it if I have them, like how to downgrade it, but this thought came across, and I dont want to do it if it will break mine or his ipod somehow

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

No - the ECID SHSH key is tied to your iPod's hardware-specific UDID. It's like trying to use someone else's key to try to unlock the door to your home - it's not likely to work because each lock is (theoretically) unique, or at least that combination is set up to be extremely unlikely to be duplicated by your friend's lock. You're thinking of the ECID SHSH key all wrong - it's a key, not a generic piece of software like a firmware update.
  3. nonslim

nonslim New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    :O lol now I get it, thanks.
  4. ramik911

ramik911 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Is there a way to get the SHSH and ECID from a 3.1.3 iPod Touch 3G. Maybe when it sends it over to Apples server at the end of the restore process???

Thanx.
  5. Aodhan97

Aodhan97 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i dont think so
  6. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

The issue is that the key you need for the 3.1.2 FW is different from the 3.1.3 FW ECID SHSH, since the key depends in part on the firmware and part on the iPod's UDID which is its hardware serial number. So you could theoretically get the ECID SHSH key from 3.1.3 for that iPod Touch 3G, but it'd only be good for reinstalling firmware 3.1.3 on that particular iPod. Again look at that key analogy; if you change the lock on the door, the old key isn't going to work anymore even if the door is still the same.
  7. Mr.Funman

Mr.Funman Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I want to know too :3