Downgrading iOS 4 to 3.13

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by pantanplan, Jul 12, 2010.

1. pantanplan

pantanplan New Member

I bought an iPod Touch 3G (MC), with 3.13 firmware installed. I jailbroke it with Spirit, but then upgraded it to iOS 4, non-jailbroken. While on 3.13, when I ran Cydia, I remember pressing the ''Yes, make my life easier'' option. Does that mean that I saved the SHSH blobs? If so, would fully erasing the iPod and restoring it affect the saved blobs? Cos if they are still there, I'd like to know how to downgrade my iOS 4 iTouch back to 3.13, to jailbreak it. I tried the traditional way (Hold shift while pressing restore in iTunes, blabla bla), but it didn't work (error 3194). Any help would be appreciated.
  2. Ethiopian

Ethiopian New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    What version of iTunes are you using? Because I think using 9.2+ not only isn't recommended for spirit (see here), but also won't let you downgrade to 3.1.x because ios4 is so "magical". Try iTunes 9 and see if that will let you downgrade. Also make sure you have the correct ipsw file. I had to get mine off of a ******* (not illegal or anything worse than a google search people. Just riskier), and make absolutely sure that your ipsw file matches your ipod/iphone version (2g, 3g, 3gs, etc.) because then it won't work when you shift-click.
  3. pantanplan

pantanplan New Member

When I try to downgrade and I open up iTunes, it doesn't detect it (while in DFU mode). When in normal mode, it says I need a newer version of iTunes for it to work.
  4. Ethiopian

Ethiopian New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    so are you on 8.x then?
  5. pantanplan

pantanplan New Member

No. I did what you said (used iTunes 9.02), but my iPod isn't detected by iTunes while in DFU mode (cos I'm trying to downgrade to 3.13), and when it ISN'T in DFU mode iTunes says that I need a later version of iTunes to use my iPod touch with. I have iOS 4, non-jailbroken, and it is an MC model (32 GB).
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    And also, what you mean by 8.x?
  6. Ethiopian

Ethiopian New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I would say try to put it into recovery mode. That's how I got mine to work, and I did exactly what you are tying to do. Hold down both buttons while your ipod is plugged in until your ipod has a logo with a cord pointing to itunes, then itunes will say that you need to restore (you'll lose everything on your ipod and it'll be in factory settings, but you can back up beforehand, or just import your music into itunes if that doesn't work. Then shift-click your ipsw. I don't think you even have to DFU, because all I did was use recovery mode

I meant itunes 8. (like 8.1, 8.3, etc.) Sorry.
  7. pantanplan

pantanplan New Member

Okay, I used iTunes 9.02, connected my iPod to my PC on Recovery mode, shift-clicked recover, but an error came up (This iPod Touch is not eligible or something) and it din't work. By pressing "Make my life easier" on Cydia, does one save his SHSH blobs?
  8. Ethiopian

Ethiopian New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I would say when that error comes up click the "help" option. This will take you to apple's support site where all the errors and how to fix them are. It'll probably say to upgrade itunes, and well, i'm sorry. I don't really know where to go from there. I'm not sure about the SHSH blobs though as I don't even know what they are. Good luck, and once again sorry I can't provide you more info. I only jailbroke my ipod a few days ago.
  9. qwertzuiop

qwertzuiop New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    you can still downgrade to 3.1.2 without any problems an you dont need those cydia backups.

three.one.two
  10. Fanwashere

Fanwashere New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I am not sure if its easy or even possible for an MC Model to go back to 3.1.3, but I can fully back up realfirst there on saying theres actually no problem downgrading to 3.1.2.