iOS 4.0 Downgrading help (I have SHSHs)

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by reddevilmaestro, Jun 24, 2010.

1. reddevilmaestro

reddevilmaestro Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I am at my wits end.

I have tried so many methods to downgrade my iPod Touch 3rd Gen 8GB MC from iOS 4.0 to 3.1.3.

I HAVE ALREADY BACKED UP MY SHSH BLOBS LOCALLY AND ON CYDIA'S SERVER.

I have tried the TinyTSS method found in this same forum. I modified my hosts file and I got to this point in TinyTSS, "Starting Tiny TSS Service on port 80"

I then went on to restore though DFU Mode and I got back an Error 3194.

I have checked and double-checked everything and I still cannot get it to restore. I even tried modifying the hosts file to point to saurik's server and got back the same error.

I still have my SHSH blobs on my PC and on Saurik's Server. Please advise on how I should go about downgrading as I am sick of waiting for a jailbreak and i wanna go back down to where it was good.

Thanks in advance!
  2. musa92k

musa92k Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Listen mate, since you have an 8gb mc model you don't need all of that shsh blob stuff. all you have to do is find an ipod touch 2g 3.1.3 firmware, google is your friend, and shift restore using that you dont need anything else. trust me it worked for me when i downgraded from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 and unless they have put a complete downgrade lock on 4.0 it should work. try that first and then reply to this post to let me know how it went
  3. reddevilmaestro

reddevilmaestro Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Okay, this time, i deleted all traces of the Umbrella and TinyTSS.

I downloaded a fresh copy of the firmware, fired up iTunes, put my iPod into DFU mode and Shift+Restore, chose the firmware.

Extracting software.....
    Verifying restore with Apple....

Result: Error 3194 (Unknown Error)

I seriously do not have any clue what to do now, i'm stuck on 4.0 and saurik supposedly says that if you have SHSHs backed up you can downgrade, but WTF! i can't downgrade!

MAJOR UPDATE: The iTunes error log has this line popping up all over the place "This device isn't eligible for the requested build." <--- Does this mean Apple has stopped signing 3.1.3 also?
  4. musa92k

musa92k Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I think that must be what it means, sorry i cant help anymore. i guess you will just have to wait for a jailbreak. i think wee ne opinions of more veteran jailbreakers here as i am stumped on what to do since both the shsh way and the 2g ipod touch way both have not work
  5. reddevilmaestro

reddevilmaestro Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Guys! I successfully downgraded my iPod Touch from 4.0 to 3.1.3.

Here one tip. Add these few entries into the hosts file.

127.0.0.1 phobos.apple.com
    127.0.0.1 deimos3.apple.com
    127.0.0.1 albert.apple.com
    127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com
    127.0.0.1 itunes.apple.com
    127.0.0.1 ax.itunes.apple.com

because Apple does not only ping its gs.apple.com server, it may ping the others too. I tried this and I'm now on 3.1.3!