downgrading from 3.1.2?? 2.2.1 to fix wifi issues

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by vrptstyly, Oct 9, 2009.

1. vrptstyly

vrptstyly New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well this is my first post soo hello all. I'm gonna try to keep this short.

I'm fairly new to this although I've learned a lot the last few days i've had my ipod touch. Well the reason for my troubles are that I was having wifi problems. I had 3.0 jailbroken, then went to 3.1.1 jailbroken to see if it helped (it didnt). Then in the process of bringing back down to 2.2.1 cuz from what I've read it should take care of the wifi problems, I restored it to 3.1.2 by accident.

I've tried a few things with no luck. I downgraded from 3.1.1 to 3.0 last nite fine but when i tried it this time around it wouldnt go. Unless i messed something up. I havent tried to jailbreak 3.1.2 or anything no really sure what tool to use and i don't have the firmware file. Maybe jailbreaking it then downgrading might work?

IDK you guys are the pros... well any help would b great. I just want my ipod touch 2g with properly working wifi and jailbroken(cydia) as an end product. thanx everyone.

I also posted in Ipod Touch 2nd Gen topic
  2. freemini

freemini Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Wait for the 3.1.2 jailbreak(very soon out) or shift restore to 3.0.(ipod must be in DFU mode)
  3. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    note to the OP, pleas don't multipost threads... choose the most applicable forum and post it in there.
  4. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    maybe use iTunes 8.2 instead of 9 too? some people have problems downgrading with iTunes 9