Downgrading Baseband from 5.11.07 to 4.26.08

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sparkyx, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Sparkyx

Sparkyx Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I came across a program called Fuzzyband in Cydia. It allows you to downgrade your baseband from 5.11.07 to 4.26.08 so you can use Ultrasn0w to unlock a 3.1 firmware phone.

Downgrading of baseband will only work on phones that have the 05.08 (5.8) Bootloader from the factory. If you do not know your bootloader then you can run Fuzzyband and it will report the version number for you.

I have a few questions. Has anyone tried it on the 5.09 - 6.02 bootloaders?

and for the noob question: How does the bootloader get upgraded? I've read across the internet that some phones have the factory 5.08 bootloader, but others have 5.09, and 6.02...what causes this upgrade? Does it have anything to do with a stock upgrade vs a jailbroken upgrade?

Thanks for reading.
    -Adam

Edit1:

Does the 5.08 bootloader have anything to do with the date in which the phone was made?
  2. pogoyoyo

pogoyoyo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well my bootloader 5.09 is unsupported by fuzzyband... i have baseband version ICE2-05.11.07
  3. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

I believe this is the same exploit that was being used not that long ago with the 2.2.1 firmware; Fuzzyband only works with 5.08.

I believe the bootloader is based on the hardware in the phone. I have had a few 3G's and never have seen one with 5.08 but they are out there.

It's easy enough to run Fuzzyband and have it check your bootloader: From there if you have 5.08 you can use downgrade the baseband (still using Fuzzyband).
  4. superrob

superrob Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Well... make sure you want to try... one mistake and your iphone is bricked. (And yes damageing your baseban = bricked).
  5. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Not arguing with you at all but Fuzzyband does all the work and leaves very little room for operator error.