iOS 4.0 Downgrading and Jailbreaking 4.0.2 ipod touch. Help please.

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by LanzzDub, Sep 6, 2010.

1. LanzzDub

LanzzDub New Member

My Ipod Touch has 4.0.2 firmware and is a 3g MC model ( I think its 3rd Gen But not 100% sure). I saw on some of the other forums that you couldn't jail break your MC model iPod touch 4.0.2 with redsn0w 0.9.5.
    I also tried downgrading my iPod Touch to 3.1.3 but kept getting a 3194 error.
    So i was wondering how i could fix this error or is there any 4.0.2 jailbreak software that can jailbreak my MC model iPod Touch 3g.

Thnx!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. dydo

dydo New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Unless you have the SHSH blob's from older firmwares, you will not be able to downgrade your firmware. There also isn't any jailbreak for 4.0.2 which means your stuck unless you were jailbroken before and used cydia to backup your SHSH blob's.
  3. LanzzDub

LanzzDub New Member

Yeah I saved my SHSH blob's from older firmware but I accidentally restored it to 4.0.2. Then i tried downgrading it, is that why is won't downgrade?
  4. dydo

dydo New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Add the following line into your hosts file.
    Code:
    74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    After that, iTunes should allow you to downgrade.
  5. LanzzDub

LanzzDub New Member

Yeah I did that. Then I put my iPod into dfu mode then pressed shift+restore. Then i clicked on 3.1.3 firmware then it said verifying restore, then comes up with 3194 error.
  6. dydo

dydo New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Was the SHSH blob you saved for 3.1.3? It should be allowing you. All I can say I guess is to try another firmware you saved SHSH blob's for like 4.0.
  7. LanzzDub

LanzzDub New Member

Yes it was for 3.1.3, and I didn't save any other SHSH blobs, and will there be any future jailbreak software that can jailbreak 4.0.2 2nd gen MC model ipod touch?
  8. dydo

dydo New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm going to link you to a different thread that has a guide on all this. Start from step 4. http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296164
    About your jailbreak question, a jailbreak will be released for 4.1 after it is released. It could take days, weeks, even months though after it's release but it's a definite yes. We just don't know when.
  9. satchbog

satchbog New Member

So if I dont have saved 3.13 shsh files for my 2nd gen mb model I am stuck with charging my battery 2/3 times a day on 4.xx ??? I have done all the battery saving tricks....tried every method from forums and videos on how to downgrade . HELP!!! 3194!!!!
  10. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Correct, you have to stay on whatever firmware you're on. Or upgrade to 4.1 which may fix it.