downgraded my cpu to vista, reinstalled itunes and have lost most every thing.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by buddha01, Nov 7, 2008.

1. buddha01

buddha01 New Member

Cliff notes: User downgrades computer to xp because his wireless dont work under vista, user copies itunes folder and puts it under the new xp itunes install in the right place, it worked but then reset and most every thing is lost including £20 of itunes store apps.

Question:

If I go through I itunes recepts and then redownload all the things I have bought will I get charged again or is it smart enough to know that I have I have already purchased say, motochaser (game makes me sick ha).

I saw there was a back up option to disk but like if you have a large libary and no dvd burner what can you do?

What is the recommend way to save you libary, could I have just installed it under XP and ask it to import from Ipod to laptop?

Thanks very much.
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    If you have it on your ipod still you can use Senuti and copy them back and import into itunes. For your apps you are going to have to cry to Apple and tell them you jacked up your computer.
  3. buddha01

buddha01 New Member

hold on so if I try to download a already ordered item from my numbered itunes account then its going to bill me again?

that cant be right?

Ill have a go and try to report what happens

thanks every one.

bud
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    You cry to Apple, they pretend they are doing you a one time favor and you get your stuff back.
  5. ubunix

ubunix Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    What do you mean downgraded to Vista? Just because your computer cant handle it, doesn't mean its worse than XP. I'm running vista sp1 and Im loving it!
  6. crzbassmaster

crzbassmaster Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    wait is the music+apps not showing up in itunes? because if that is the case, go through the itunes library folder you copied, and then copy+paste into itunes