iOS 4.0 Downgrade to 3.1.3 from 4.0

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by excalibur300, Aug 24, 2010.

1. excalibur300

excalibur300 New Member

Ok here are a few things about my situation, My iPod Touch is a 8GB 2G MC Model. It's currently at 4.o and Jailbroken with the JalBreakMe.com Jailbreak. I apparently do not have any SHSH Blobs but id still like to downgrade since im having a whole slew of issues with iOS4.

Ive tried several different ways and all I've gotten is errors and it would fail before actually restoring. Ive tried older versions of iTunes, DFU mode, restore mode and ect, tried it on a couple different computers, ive tried restoring to 3.1.3 and 3.1.2 with no success, I wanted to see if anyone on here knew of a way that would actually work, im sick of ios4 and its overall slowness and constant crashes not to mention my Wifi issues that has started since upgraded to ios4.

Thanks
  2. crazytrain320

crazytrain320 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I heard CFW works to bypass the shsh blobs
  3. Shengis14

Shengis14 Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    a MC model does not need SHSH blobs
  4. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    I have the same problem, except my iPod is an MB model [ i have 2 btw, the im using is not on my profile. ], i jailbroke with redsn0w and im trying to get to 3.1.2.
  5. excalibur300

excalibur300 New Member

wish i could send a PM to you Shengis for help, but i cant though, have to have 15 posts which i don't. what a lame rule imo.

Anyway im not sure what to do to be able to downgrade i've tried several things.
  6. crazytrain320

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    mine did
  7. excalibur300

excalibur300 New Member

apparently mine does too.
  8. Oliver Barker

Oliver Barker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Of course they still need shsh blobs. They still need to ask cydia or apple to license the firmware to download. The only benefit of a MC model is it's pwned for life, you'll always be able to jailbreak it. You still need shsh codes to downgrade or upgrade to a firmware not authorized by apple.
  9. crazytrain320

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    MC isnt pwnd for life. do you mean MB?
  10. Whodyathinkitwas

Whodyathinkitwas New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Credits to jeffry mcdowell, thank you!!

Step 1: First we make a manual change to the hosts file according to the Windows operating system. Navigate to the path “c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\ and open the hosts file in a notepad or wordpad. MAC users can navigate to the path “/etc/” and open the hosts file with TextEdit.

Step 2: At the end of file add the string “74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com” useful to redirect requests for certificates for authenticity that iTunes will make to the Saurik server.

Step 3: Set up your device in recovery mode.

Turn off and unplug your device from your computer
    Now press and hold the Home button while reconnecting theUSBcableto your iPhone. After iPhone is connected it should power on the device.
    Continue holding the Home button, you will see theiTunes logo appear and then finally a “Connect to iTunes” will be displayed, now is the time to release the Home button.
    Once the logo appeared in iTunes, you can release the Home button and make a normal recovery
    Step 4: Now open iTunes and do a normal reset by holding down the SHIFT key (for Windows users) or Alt key (for Mac users) and clicking restore in iTunes

Step 5: Now select the original 3.1.3 firmware and wait for the completion.

Voila! you downgraded from firmware iOS 4.0 to firmware 3.1.3 and you can follow the normal guides to jailbreak firmware 3.1.3