Downgrade, lose new apps that came with it?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by Observer4779, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Observer4779

Observer4779 New Member

I ordered a Touch the day after the keynote and announcement of new apps. My iPod came with 1.1.3 (w/Software Upgrade). I do not have the Mobile Applications folder or the small file that indicates I have the app pack. If I was to downgrade to 1.1.1 for awhile until SDK comes will I have to purchase the apps when I upgrade again in the future or will it know by my serial number that the apps came with it new? Also interesting to note is my model number is a B, a la MA623LL/B. Thank you.

All I am really missing now is streaming radio of Alex Jones Radio Show. This is possible with jailbreak, right?
  2. MegaMan

MegaMan New Member

yes with mobile cast
    i would just use itunes but your choice
    i'm not sure how it determines if you have the app pack or not
  3. pluto198

pluto198 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    My guess is that you would have to buy the apps again. You and your app-bundled iPod may be of some assistance to those trying to get the apps for free. Your Nikita.zip is likely not DRM-protected, since you didn't purchase the apps from the iTunes Store. Has anyone looked into this?
  4. fr0z3nic3

fr0z3nic3 New Member

No you do not lose applications its always backed up on iTunes as long as its updated in 1.1.3, what you do is you upgrade back to 1.1.3, rename it back to what it originally was and sync it and it will give you back the applications and your media.. I've done it a couple times..

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. pluto198

pluto198 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You don't know that for sure. He already stated that his iPod came with the apps, and that he does not have the Mobile Applications folder with the IPA file. He didn't buy the apps from the iTunes Store, the apps were bundled with his new iPod. And if he downgrades, the apps will be erased. When he upgrades back to 1.1.3, how will iTunes know to put the apps back on his iPod if he has no IPA file?

If you're not willing to pay $20 to get them back if you lose them, I wouldn't risk it.
  6. Observer4779

Observer4779 New Member

Thanks pluto. I will probably just wait for SDK or maybe 1.1.3 jailbreak. If anyone else has risked it with a Touch that came with apps and lived to tell about it please let us know.
  7. fr0z3nic3

fr0z3nic3 New Member

That still leaves him with the applications no matter what mine didn't come with the IPA folder either when I bought them..

Please Register or Log in to view images