iOS 4.1 Downgrade Ipod touch 3g MC model from 4.1 to 3.1.2

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by llabtaem, Sep 24, 2010.

1. llabtaem

llabtaem New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I looked for weeks (have no life) to find a way to downgrade my ipod touch 3g mc model. Now from my understanding and experiment's I can't downgrade to the iOS I want to because it has to be signed by apple's server. I tried editing the host file but to no avail. And I obviously can't use iREB because I have a MC model. The reason I want to downgrade is so I can jailbreak my ipod touch with the new snowbreeze, but from my understanding I need to be on 3.1.2 iOS jailbroken to be able to do so. I was wondering if there's another way I can downgrade. If not then I guess I'm just out of the loop and will be waiting and hoping I can jailbreak with greenpois0n. If your wondering I bought my ipod touch 3g maybe 2 weeks before the the 4g ipod came out (yeah I'm mad but oh well I got one for educational purposes) so it came with the 4.0.2 firmware. so yeah tell me about it I keep missing the loop. I want to be able to jailbreak it so I can install apps that I'll be making for my self with out having apple's approval. I hate the fact that you buy a device and your told what to do with it like a child. Thank you for your time to whom ever reads this and response.
  2. cyberghoser1

cyberghoser1 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You are out of luck, to downgrade to 3.1.2 you need saved shsh blobs, which you don't have, but trust me even if you did, MC model doesnt seem to jailbreak with sn0wnreeze 2, at least my 2G MC no way, so better wait for SHAtter

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. chris3434

chris3434 New Member

4. llabtaem

llabtaem New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thank you both (cyberghoser1 and chris3434) for your response. Yeah I was just thinking on waiting for the shatter which I will do. Downgrading does seem like a job and a half even if i did have the shsh blobs. Now can anyone safely say this will work period even if you never jailbroken your device before? I just want confirmation because I am still a noob at all this and from the information I gathered I keep getting two sides one being that this will work for all current iDevices and the other is this will only work for all 4g iDevices because of the new A4 processor but I was reading and its a bootrom exploit right? so it should work on my MC 3g model ipod touch? And again thank you for your time.
  5. bigjzoo

bigjzoo Banned

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    You have to have been jailbroken before.
  6. llabtaem

llabtaem New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Alright well thank you for the info I guess i'm getting an ipod touch 4g before apple changes the device so I can jailbreak. Thank you for your time.
  7. pulga

pulga Guest

2g softwares

did you try downloading ipod touch 2g softwares because they say that to downgrade your ipod touch 3g 8gb you need 2g softwares to downgrade
  8. llabtaem

llabtaem New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have a 32 gig But thank you for your respond, I was able to jail break with limera1n and then green pois0n. But again thank you for your time.