iPhone 3GS Downgrade iPhone 3GS 3.1.2 to 3.0

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cheezbrgr, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Cheezbrgr

Cheezbrgr New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Just wondering if the title is possible. I have a new iPhone 3GS that I want to jailbreak, but blackra1n doesn't work and redsn0w simply wont recognise the IPSW...

I know the 3.0 jailbreak works because I tried it on someone else's iPhone 3GS and it did, so is the downgrade possible?

If not, do you guys have any idea on when a fully functioning untethered 3.1.2 jailbreak is coming for the 3GS?
  2. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    No to the first and no to the second.
  3. hiddensanctum

hiddensanctum Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    blackra1n should of worked for you. I'm running my 3Gs on 3.1.2 untethered. When did you get your iPhone 3Gs?
  4. DAS7NY

DAS7NY New Member

I want to downgrade from the new software that came w/ my iphone to 3.0.1 so I can tether to my computer. How should I do it?
  5. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Did your 3GS come with 3.1.2? If so, I don't think you can downgrade to 3.0. I'm not exactly sure though, but either way, try using blackra1n from a different computer, it might help.
  6. DAS7NY

DAS7NY New Member

Yeah I got 3.1.2. I just don't wanna screw up my phone, i bought it a week ago and spent everything I had... lol I want tethering so i can play xbox live on a long trip im taking next weekend.