Downgrade Help! (last step)

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by toutestbeau, Jan 20, 2008.

1. toutestbeau

toutestbeau New Member

I am following the supposed "easiest and fastest" way to downgrade to 1.1.1 from 1.1.3 (yes, I stupidly upgraded and discovered yesterday that I wanted to Jailbreak it), by putting it into recovery mode and then use Option-Click to download the .ipsw software on my desktop. However, when it starts to extract the software into iTunes, a message then pops up, saying, "The iPod 'iPod' could not be restored. An unknown error occurred. (1)"

How do I fix this? I am sooo so close, and have been trying for two days now. I would greatly appreciate it if the answer was received before today is over! As it seems that it is a simple program.

Also, I have a Mac (if this helps) and the .ipsw software saved onto my desktop by Firefox is in the shape of a lego-box with the iTunes symbol on one side and an iPod on the other side, should it look this way?

Thank you!
  2. Icy Max

Icy Max New Member

When you have this error, don't do all the manips again, just reconnect your iPod and try to reinstall the firmware again.

It's working for me and some videos on youtube say the same thing.

Toutestbeau, tu as une section fran├žaise dans ce forum qui explique comment le downgrader.

Et il y a aussi une autre solution/there is another solution http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27422
  3. toutestbeau

toutestbeau New Member

Ah, merci, merci! It worked! Now...to jailbreak!

Merci beaucoup monsieur!
    It's nice to see another fan of the French language as well.