Downgrade from 4.0 to 3.1.3

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by excalibur300, Aug 23, 2010.

1. excalibur300

excalibur300 New Member

Ok here are a few things about my situation, My iPod Touch is a 8GB 2G MC Model. It's currently at 4.o and Jailbroken with the JalBreakMe.com Jailbreak. I apparently do not have any SHSH Blobs but id still like to downgrade since im having a whole slew of issues with iOS4.

Ive tried several different ways and all I've gotten is errors and it would fail before actually restoring. Ive tried older versions of iTunes, DFU mode, restore mode and ect, tried it on a couple different computers, ive tried restoring to 3.1.3 and 3.1.2 with no success, I wanted to see if anyone on here knew of a way that would actually work, im sick of ios4 and its overall slowness and constant crashes not to mention my Wifi issues that has started since upgraded to ios4.

Thanks
  2. madrocker

madrocker New Member

Have you had any luck with this? I'm having the exact same problem!
  3. Kallen

Kallen Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Are you guys getting a 1015 error at the end of your restore?
  4. undergroundH

undergroundH Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Yep, same error.Currently I haven't been able to find a way to downgrade a mc model ipod
  5. madrocker

madrocker New Member

No, I'm getting the 3194 error.
  6. Kallen

Kallen Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I don't know if this will work for the 3194 error (trying shouldn't hurt tho)... This should take care of the 1015 error tho.

Let it restore with the 3X firmware. At the end, when you get the error, just close the message box. Close iTunes. Run blackra1n. It will fix the error and jailbreak all at once.