iOS 4.0 Downgrade etc.

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Llght, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Llght

Llght New Member

I tried to restore - an error was produced, don't know if anyone can help me with this one:

An unknown error occurred (3194)
  2. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Never heard of that one before. Did you see if there's anything under "More Information"? It'll take you to Apple's site, but it's very helpful, surprisingly. It also would help if you told us that device, firmware version, etc.
  3. Llght

Llght New Member

It did. It lead me to some page that included several error numbers that can be associated with it. All it told me was how to restore.Lol
  4. Hyperrunenr

Hyperrunenr New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    it happened to me do what i did there is a way to downgrade but i woudlnt recommend it might mess up your itunes library it didnt mess up mine but it might ok put you ipod to DFU mode uninstall itunes 9.2 through control panel then move the itunes folder to desktop go to filehippoDOTcom and download itunes 9.1 as you have 4.0 it will let you ok click SHIFT rstore and look for the ipsw click it and whenever it says veryfying with apple it will say error 3194 click ok and then it will continue to restore after done upgrade to 9.2 and move the itunes folder back to the music folder my ipod works fine now and its running 3.1.3.
  5. b-mac 39

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Did you try DFU first?
  6. SeaJay

SeaJay New Member

WALL OF TEXT. Dude...use some freaking commas...periods...but learn how to type and stop copypastaing this all over the site.
  7. Llght

Llght New Member

Tried it in DFU if that means in restore mode thingy with hold home button + power and let go after it goes off and continue to hold home button. Then iTunes prompts you to restore, select 3.1.3 restore thingy and off it goes.
    Same error.
  8. b-mac 39

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Do this to enter

Plug it in and turn it off.

Press the power button for 5 seconds.

Press and hold the power and home buttons for 10 seconds.

Let go of the power button, and hold the home butting until iTunes recognizes it as in Recovery Mode.
  9. Llght

Llght New Member

Recovery mode is when iTunes prompts you saying you have to restore right?
    Yah I did that. same error.
    No hope?
  10. shernankaos

shernankaos New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    crap.. i cant downgrade either.. i want to downgrade my ipod touch 2g MB coz i cant jailbreak my ipod. now i want to downgrade to 3.0 therefore i can JB it again butit has error 20, so i uninstall my itunes 9.2 and install the 8.2 but still error 20. and now im in a recovery mode. and waiting for iTunes 9.2 to download again.. sigh! FML!