Downgrade and Jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by DarriK, Nov 20, 2007.

1. DarriK

DarriK New Member

Hi everybody, I'm new here and this is my first post

Please Register or Log in to view images

I know this is a common question, but I have searched most of the posts on this forum and have found no answer:
    I recently bought a 16GB touch and I really want to jailbreak it and install a NES simulator, only problem is, I can't downgrade from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1.
    I have read the other threads, including the ones redirecting me to various sites to download the 1.1.1 firmware, but what happens is that once I download it with Safari it unzips automatically.
    I stopped the unzipping process and changed the name of the .zip file to _Restore.ipsw but when I try to run it on the iPod I get an error message.
    What can I do to jailbrek my iPod?

P.S. am using Mac Os 10.4.11 and iTunes 7.5

Thanks!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. TouchyFish

TouchyFish New Member

I'm pretty sure the ONLY way to jailbreak as of now is to downgrade. Make sure the ending of the file is correct, the icon should change into a little cube with an iTunes logo on it. Then do the ol' option click thing on "restore" in iTunes, locate the file and bob's your uncle! Good luck!
  3. mmu

mmu New Member

I'm having same problem with iPod Touch. Mine came with 1.1.1 but ijailbreak was not a success hence end up restoring to 1.1.2 and not 100% sure how to go about since have downloaded 3 differnt 1.1.1 versions namely <iPod1,1_1.1.1_3A110a_Restore.ipsw>, <iPod1,1_1.1_3A101a_Restore.ipsw>
  4. mmu

mmu New Member

So which one to use ( 3A101a or 3A110a) and the hradware Intel or PPC?
  5. mmu

mmu New Member

Sorry for not introducing myself. I'm new here, actually 1st post
  6. DarriK

DarriK New Member

I did change the file ending correctly and I got a cube, but it just won't work. Every time I try do install the fiirmware I get an error!
    I guess no NES for me...