Downgrade 8GB iPod Touch (MC086LL)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mwalt2, Jul 14, 2010.

1. mwalt2

mwalt2 New Member

I just received an 8 GB iPod Touch and updated it to iOS4. After reading some about iOS4 possibly being slower and having slightly worse battery life on the 2G iPods, I was wanting to try 3.1.3 (and probably jailbreak as well), but am having trouble downgrading.

I have read that the 8GB version does not require shsh blobs to downgrade (which would be good since I did not save them before iOS4

Please Register or Log in to view images

). I have tried using iTunes 9.2 or 9.1.1, putting the ipod into DFU mode, and selecting either iPod2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw or iPod2,1_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw. Neither file will restore. I did not modify the hosts file since I read the 8GB version does not need the blobs.

3.1.3 gives a error 3194, while 3.1.2 gives and error 28. Could anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks.
  2. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    The ones that came out either last month or this month have this kind of patch which makes them impossible to downgrade because apple has found out this exploitation. Your device when it came home it came with ios4 that is te base. You cannot go under the base ie 0. So those which came with 3.1.2 can downgrade to tat but no lower.
  3. JacobVengeance

JacobVengeance Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Proof?
  4. frisbeefanatic

frisbeefanatic New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Ok here is th situiTion I am in to while some people say they have do e it with out a problem and are yelling at you like you an idiot because it was so simple for them the fact is that some of the mc model 8 g can not be downgraded. Although there are some suggestions you can try
    Try a diff USB port
    Try a diff computer
    Try restoring to a fresh 4.0 then downgrading

But please for the sake of everyone contuinin to repeat this post, after you have tried all the things post you result
  5. JacobVengeance

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Exactly there is some people who can downgrade with recent 8GB MC's and some who can't. I can downgrade one in my house that came with 3.1.3 to 3.1.2, but someone people can't. I have helped others with the problem and only 2 have successfully downgraded using the same method.

Use a different computer (or different USB port if no other computer)
    iTunes 9.0
    2G 3.1.2 software like normal.
  6. Khaie

Khaie New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hai jacobvengeance, i have already try the firmware i got from u for my ipod touch,but nothing work.i've used 3 WinXp pc with itunes 9 on it but i still receive the same error. maybe i did miss something or maybe it just wont downgrade anymore. i gve up
  7. JacobVengeance

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Im sorry.
    I managed to downgrade one, but I will be testing a fresh one as soon as I get this one replaced.
  8. mwalt2

mwalt2 New Member

Thanks for the replies. I have tried another computer (first was Win7 x64, second WinXP x86) with itunes 9.0 and did not have any success. There must be something different with newer 8GB MC ipod touches.
  9. FootballerYamato

FootballerYamato Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Can someone give me a message via my mail tool about how to downgrade it...? I would like to try to see if it works for me... but i don't know how to downgrade so... please send me a mail...?
  10. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    What? I posted that first saying that some can and some can't. Thats exactly what I said and you asked me for proof, some guys on this site can't downgrade, its that enough proof.