Downfall to Apple?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by HackHot31, Jan 28, 2010.

1. HackHot31

HackHot31 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Now I'm not saying that apple is going to crumble or anything like that because I know it won't, but does anyone have any mutual feelings that Apple is almost taking a step back with the iPad. I mean I was expecting a tablet running a modified version of OSX, a real computer. But instead we have the almost the iPhone's firmware on the biggest screen and you can't deny it. Now I use my iPhone as my secondary device to my G1, I think the main reason I switched is that Apple does release many updates for the OS, but nothing substantial with changes that make me want to stay with the iPhone, no major UI changes or anything of the like. I know I'll be flamed by this but I believe it's the truth. I know I may be wrong so we'll just have to wait till 4.0 is released and we get our hands on the iPad, it just feels like a letdown and as if Apple is going in reverse.
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Unquestionably, the iPad is not nearly as revolutionary as the iPhone. Regardless, it has an Apple logo on it, so it will sell.
  3. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Note that real (not laptop transformers) tablet market is practically dead, so iPad is something revolutionary here, it might life up this market with new way of thing about tablets.I sure other companies will start to follow same as they did with iPod and iPhone (button-less phones).

I think Apple decide to use iPhone OS since OS X is not compatible with multi-touch functions and with ready touch-friendly UI of iPhone OS it easy to make tablet a lot more better experience then window based UI. Eventually iPad have a lot more potential then iPhone have, both users and developers will dememed multi-tasking, access some sort of mini apps (tray-like apps) in any point of system. Also concurrence will jump on and start forcing Apple to make new better ideas. Apple show that they do what user demand even if this takes a years, so have hope.

People simply don't see things striate forward.
  4. Zc456

Zc456 Member

Which is why journalists continue to get paid.
  5. Tsubame

Tsubame New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I don't think so, you're hearing a lot of negative press, but you heard that when the iPod launched and the iPhone launched.

I think that, while this won't sell as well as those devices, it will be a MORE revolutionary device in the way that it changes the computer industry.
  6. Zc456

Zc456 Member

Both of those didn't start out great either. The iPod look liked a portable version of 1950's phone, and iPhone didn't have the App Store. Yet, like you said, it selled like hotcakes.
  7. Tsubame

Tsubame New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I didn't actually buy one til the app store came out either, but I think the iPad has the advantage of having the app store at launch (and developers have 60 days to make some pretty cool stuff to have on launch day)