Dowangrade new model ipod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by MadGeek, Jan 19, 2008.

1. MadGeek

MadGeek New Member

Hey,

I'm a new user to any ipod.
    I now how to downgrade, and I have a some questions.

1. I have a new ipod touch being shipped to me via an on-line retailer. I suspect (price drop) its the new version with 1.1.3 + iphone-like apps preinstalled. Is this hack known to work for this version?

2. Do I need a specific version of iTunes? Its up to 7.6 now. I've read this breaks Octo prep?

3. Does iTunes warn you about what version is new when you click update. Also, is there some sneaky auto-update that I should disable?

3. Is there some sort of known (safe) archive of old firmware/iTunes? I don't really trust places like [PIRACY.rs].

4. Can I get the old 1.1.2 iphone apps on my ipod touch if I can jailbreak it?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Altair

Altair New Member

1. Search

2. Search

3. Search

4. Search

All the answers to those questions are hidden in the magical search button above.
  3. x6blues

x6blues New Member

4. MadGeek

MadGeek New Member

Thanks..

I asked for help, not a sarcastic remark. I had searched before I posted and I know that it can me downgraded. I just don't know if this still works with the new one apple rolling out. I'd prefer if I know for sure that someone has done this before I try to downgrade myself and end up with and end up with a brick.

I'm not a novice when it comes to custom frimware. I've run 3rd party apps on my PSP and router. I don't like taking unnecessary risks if at all possible.

I visited those pages earlier and nothing mentions anythings about the newer ipods apple just released. I guess i'll keep looking. Thanks anyway.
  5. Altair

Altair New Member

Sorry but you obviously didn't search before you posted. In fact I found the answers to you questions by looking on the first few pages of the jailbreak forum.
  6. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

i agree...idc if he didnt help, once you go to college, people wont spoon feed you with everything ,youll have to find everything ON YOUR OWN!dang, hurts right? practice by using the search button