Doubt you have seen this problem...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ashidar, Jul 10, 2008.

1. ashidar

ashidar New Member

Doubt you have seen this problem... *Solved*

I am completely stumped on this one.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I have found quite a strange problem. My Ipod touch 16gb was working perfectly fine. I recently wnpwnd my Ipod touch and everything was working great for a few days. Then suddenly, without changing anything, my wi-fi stopped working. The Ipod said it was connected, but it wouldn't load any pages. I tried restarting my ipod, but that didn't fix it. I checked the wifi on my laptop and it worked fine. So, I just tried restarting the router. The wifi continued working on my laptop, but my ipod still wouldn't load pages. My router registered my ipod as being connected with an IP and all, but it wouldn't load pages.

So, I checked the forums and tried loading google (72.14.207.99) and again it says "safari can't open the page because it can't find the server" So, out of curiosity, I tried loading my router's configuration page (192.168.2.1) and it loaded just fine. I can browse my routers configuration and change it, but then when switching to google.com, nothing loads. I tried connecting to another wireless network besides my home network and BOOM, i could load the internet. So, I reconnected to my home network, and nothing. The ipod connects, can load the routers config. page, but cannot load any internet. And only on my home network. Mail and Installer don't load anything either.

Any ideas what the problem may be? I am totally stumped!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You can always load the router config page because it is a local connection. Your description leads me to believe that the issue lies within your router, and not your iPod. Try reconfiguring your router.
  3. darc10222

darc10222 Banned

What does this have to do with us, it's YOUR internet problem.
    You have shown that it's not the iPod, since it works on other connections, so how can we POSSIBLY help you?
  4. Axis

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    That is not the type of member this site needs. He/she may have posted in the wrong section, but we can still help him/her. Look at the Off Topic forum? Does any of that have to do with the iPod?
  5. ashidar

ashidar New Member

I figured this was a HELP forum for people who were "ipod touch fans," which I am. If I would ever find anyone with the same problem that I have, it would be someone who has an Ipod touch; hence, I came to this community for help.

Thank you hellrider for your support. Hopefully other members of this forum are just as kind and helpful as you.

And yes, I have tried a soft and hard restart on the router and nothing. I know the router is a local connection, I just put that to prove I am connected to the network. All other computers running off my router's wifi currently work fine. Just the Ipod has problems.
  6. gump2010

gump2010 New Member

to: dcarc10222
    how does that make sense? he said it worked on his computer but not his ipod so it HAS to be something wrong with the ipod.
  7. Axis

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    It could be the way the router is handling the iPod.

@ashidar

When I said reconfigure the router I meant to hit the reset button on it, which requires to to then re-add encryption, if you want, and enter settings. (Like when you first set up the router.

Perhaps I am simply misunderstanding you, though.
  8. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    this is probably dumb, but you dont have anything like restricted access? (does the ipod even have a mac address???) or firewall stopping anything from the ipod?
  9. Axis

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    The iPod does have a MAC address, and a MAC filter can block iPods. However a router reset should deal with any inadvertent firewalls.
  10. ashidar

ashidar New Member

hellrider: thanks for the help.

When I said I did a hard restart, that's what I meant was I hit the reset button. But that didn't help. I got reading my router's manual, and found out to reset everything, I had to hold the button in for like 10 seconds (I thought it was just 5). Anyway, I tried it again and, after re-configuring my settings, I had my wifi up and working on my touch.

Thanks for your help everyone. It's nice to have people that will help when you have no where else to turn. VIVA ifans.com