Double Trouble!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Vivace, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Vivace

Vivace New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Every since I installed iTunes on my new computer (Windows XP SP3) it keeps reinstalling itself over and over and over again, and now matter how many times I remove it manually via Control Panel and manually deleting some files, the process is the same after installing iTunes again

My second problem is that iTunes won't even recognize or detect my iTouch. The options to sync or transfer purchases is always grayed out and my computer sees my iTouch as an camera

Currently I have an unjailbroken iTouch with 2.2.1 since I had to restore it yesterday for staying on the apple logo forever
    My iTunes version is also version 8.2.1

Can ANYONE help me solve these two problems? Pretty Please?
  2. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Download Revo Uninstaller and remove all traces of the iTunes installaion, then reattempt a reinstall with an earlier version, maybe 8.2, as for the iPod problem, it is natural or the iPod to be seen as a camera by xp. The problem with the recognition may be due to the botched iTunes installation, so try what I recommended.
  3. Vivace

Vivace New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks for the advice, I'm in the process of installing Revo now and ill tell you how I do, but how would I install a later version of iTunes?
  4. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  5. Vivace

Vivace New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Uh, It didn't work out at all

After I installed Revo Uninstaller I deleted all my current iTunes crap and installed iTunes 8.2.0, but still my computer couldn't find my iTouch at all and it had to keep reinstalling itself

The only thing I learned was that ANYTHING that has to do with apple on my computer is basically f***ed up (Apple Software Update, iTunes, Safari)

I got extremely pissed a couple hours ago and when my computer read my iTouch as a "Imaging Device" in the devmgmt.msc I "uninstalled it and now computer won't recharge my iTouch now

I incredibly desprete now on how I should fix my situation now, anything else I could try???

---Edit

I've just restored my iTouch to default/factory settings so now my Comp charges it but it still sees my iTouch as a camera/ "Apple Ipod"
  6. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    My laptop sees my iPod as a camera too, that aspect is perfecty normal, have you tried manually purging your computer of anything apple after the installs?
  7. Vivace

Vivace New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah, I've tried manually deleting every folder that has any kind of Apple software like iTunes, Ipod, the Apple folder in Common Files