Double click home button

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by metaphoar, Nov 24, 2007.

1. metaphoar

metaphoar New Member

I merged my music and video applications into one iPod button but now when I double click the home button to bring up my mini music player, it says close and music, and when I tap music it sends me to the music app instead of the iPod app. Can someone tell me how to modify this so that it instead says iPod instead of music and sends me to my iPod app instead?

Thanks!
  2. Applefan69

Applefan69 New Member

So your saying you made it so that, instead of a music and a video app. You have just one app that has both music AND video, and it's called the iPod app.

Am i correct so far?

And your problem is when double-presing home button, and the menu comes up it says "music" but you want it to say "ipod" because it's technically bringing you to your iPod app?

to be honest I think only way to do that would be to find the correct file on your ipod system files, and manually edit it yourself. That'd be very tricky and easy to mess up thouhg.

I THINK (don't remember) that customize has the ability to edit random things like instead of "slide to unlock" you can make it say something else. SO you might be able to that throuhg customize, but I don't know for sure. I hope I helped.
  3. metaphoar

metaphoar New Member

That is what I am talking about but I could never get customize working on my iPod no matter what I did. On the iPhone when you double click the home button it comes up with close and iPod along with the controls. On the iPod touch it comes up with Close and Music instead. I'd like to change it to show close and iPod. I'd like it to take me to my iPod app instead. I don't know much about hex editing so I don't know what I can do to change it...
  4. Applefan69

Applefan69 New Member

Like i said you'll probably have to figure out a way or find a guide to edit it yourself.

When you click the "music" button is still brings you to where it should thouhg?.. right? If so then it's just a matter of it not sayiung what you want. Honestly in THAT case if you should edit it yourself it's only gonna be a matter of editing certain text.

About customize, the newest version of customize DOES work on iPod, it sometimes doesn't work right away, ya gotta open it and let it crash a few times before it works.
  5. romeboards

romeboards Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    OK, here's what he wants. When hes playing something and double clicks it and goes to 'music' it goes to the old music app and not the ipod app he uses. Am i correct?
  6. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Yes, I believe that is what he is talking about.
  7. tablecloth

tablecloth New Member

This irks me as well, TC. I'd like to find a fix too.
  8. metaphoar

metaphoar New Member

That's exactly it, thank you. It goes to the old music app and also says music instead of iPod.
  9. romeboards

romeboards Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    ive never even noticed that it did that. its not that much of a nuisance though i dont think
  10. indypodtouch

indypodtouch New Member

You can change the string from music to iPod in "SpringBoard.strings" located in 'System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/English.lproj" You need to scroll down and find the lines <key>MUSIC</key> <string>Music</string> they should be on lines 195&196. You then need to change <string>Music</string> to <string>iPod</string>

Send back to iTouch, Restart, Done!

Now just need to find out how to get it to stop opening the old music app.

Im not sure but I think that the file that needs editing is "Info.plist" in MobileMusicPlayer.app not sure though so don't shoot the messenger lol!

Hope it helps anyways

Edit: It might help if someone with an iPhone checked the info.plist to see what the differences are between the two and we might get somewhere then. Just a thought.

EDIT TWO
    Have done it! will put instructions up shortly.