double "click" home button differences

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by steve19137, May 17, 2009.

1. steve19137

steve19137 New Member

i have an ipod touch 1g jailbroken, and my dad has an iphone 3g. period. not jailbroken. just an iphone. hes very boring. but anyway..... when he first got it, he showed me that if you double click the home button, the ipod controls come up. thats the way t is on my ipod right now. well just know, i was listening to a song on his phone and i wanted to turn the volume down, so i double clicked the home button, but it opened the phone app. and i thought, how did he do that with out a jailbroken phone?

i was thinking that if their was a mod from cydia that allows me to change what happens when i double click the home button, then i could set quickgold to open on a double click, not a single click, which i want reserved for navigating to the home spring-page.

so i looked on cydia, and im not sure what to look for, so i didnt find anything. so what do i have to get/do to enable the customization of the double click home button? i know it can be done on a none jailbroken iphone, so there is an answer and i would like some help. thanks.
  2. LeanPocketTouch

LeanPocketTouch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    AppFlow has the option to put any application on the home button but it doesn't work for me.
  3. steve19137

steve19137 New Member

no, thats not quite what i mean. i want to change quickgold to open up on a double click of the home button.
  4. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz Banned

Is he on the 3.0 beta? Cuz I'm pretty sure the 3.0 beta allows you to do that.
  5. steve19137

steve19137 New Member

no, im running 2.2.1. so is my dad.
  6. RoYaLx

RoYaLx Member

Device:
    HTC One
    On the iPhone, you can do it whether you are jailbroken or not. When the 3.0 comes out, the iPt will get these options:

Attached Files:

7. steve19137

steve19137 New Member

thats exactly what im talking about. is there a way to get that onto my ipod now? im not a developer and im not a bad person (get my drift?

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
  8. RoYaLx

RoYaLx Member

Device:
    HTC One
    As of now, no. Wait for 3.0

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. steve19137

steve19137 New Member

hmmmm... i was thinking the other day that if i could get an iphone firmware into my ipod i would be happy... thats something i would like to do. is that possible?
  10. RoYaLx

RoYaLx Member

Device:
    HTC One
    No, the iPod Touch hardware would never support it.