Double Battery on iPod touch 2g

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by SoBe, Sep 1, 2009.

1. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Just a couple of weeks ago, a friend told me that he had put another battery in his 1G iPod touch, resulting in double battery life. Does anybody know if it is possible to put in a second battery in my 2G iPod touch, how much it would cost, and where it could be done?
  2. Gorillatouch

Gorillatouch New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'm no expert but I don't think there is enough room in either the 1G or 2G for a second battery without some major major case modding and hardware instability. Unless you've seen the modded 1G I wouldn't even try it, and even if you have I still don't think it would be worth losing your 2G. If you need better battery life try a case with external battery or a portable battery pack charger.
  3. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well thats what he tells me but anyways it can get replaced when it doesnt work anymore, right?
  4. EBOBO

EBOBO New Member

No. Taking apart your iPod voids the warranty, and there's probably a seal/sticker stating whether or not he opened his iPod.
  5. Gorillatouch

Gorillatouch New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah if you're thinking you can just return it or send it in think again. It's hard enough to get a replacement when the ipod is ACTUALLY screwed and it's a valid problem lol.
  6. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i think you can get a third party person to replace an old battery. under warranty , they would replace your ipod...but idk how messed up it has to be for that to fly. oh and your friend did not put another battery in his touch. think of it this way, if it was possible, apple would have just made the battery bigger... unless its an inch thick....then all bets are off.
  7. TheJackClawson

TheJackClawson New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hahaha, it sounds like your friend is either an AMAZING modding genious, or you are his AMAZINGly gullible friend. I'm sorry, but I just don't see how it could work.
  8. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Why so? You can buy hundreds of replacement high-capacity batteries for iPods.
  9. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well he didnt put it in himself. idk who supposedly put it in for him
  10. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I know there's external batteries for iPhone/iPod touch, but I have never heard of an internal one.