Release Double Bar Theme

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by plokiju, May 15, 2009.

1. plokiju

plokiju New Member

I made this theme awhile ago, and I thought people might want me to share. It lets you navigate categories on the springboard the same way you would any other app: with UIBars. Installation instructions from the read me

I know that there are alot better graphics editors than me, so if you can fix up some mistakes or add anything to the theme, I included a psd. Just please post the mods back on here

Download here: http://www.zshare.net/download/60077199c7c9ebc2/

Attached Files:

2. David.

David. Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Pretty sweet. Downloading...
  3. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Dammit. Ok, suggestions: (I'm going off the screenshot)
    1) 2 big icons are a bit blurry, hard to avoid but they have some very large default icons that you can scale down rather than enlarging the default ones.
    2) Font at the top doesn't match, try and make it more uniform (switch page labels to that font or switch the top row font to Helvetica)
    3) I'm assuming you got the images on the springjumps from the UI, which should make them perfect, but they aren't. The top row icons should have a uniform low point and the bottom ones should be farther away from the text (and share a common low point).
    4)This is just an idea, throw some widgets on the home page, you got a lot of blank space.
    I really like this idea, a lot. It's well executed. And very simple. I'd rather have a Music, Settings, App Store and another app on the homepage (4 apps) rather than app store and Cydia.

EDIT: Btw you spelled the thread name wrong, "Doble Bar" instead of "Double Bar".
  4. nikj14

nikj14 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    it's like some sort of inav hydrid theme.
  5. plokiju

plokiju New Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try to fix the first two problems. The third may be a problem though. I couldn't get the images straight from the UI because most of the shading and coloring is done in the app itself. The only way I could think of getting these images was by taking a screenshot of the images and cut and paste (not the ideal way, but I think it looks pretty good). The problem with this is when I tried to line them up back on the bar, the bottoms don't line up since they come from different apps, as you said. I had to line them up so that the gradient on the bar behind them was in line. I know its not perfect, but if you think you can fix it, I included a psd in the download.

*I fixed the name of the thread
  6. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I guess I should put it in my sig...unfortunately my MacBook is being very difficult and I can't use any image editing programs...

That 3rd suggestion is something I could easily live with. It was more a "for those of us with OCD..."

Since so many people mod the UI, they're probly gonna wanna mod this too. Hopefully this theme will get big, like iNav, I like this a lot more. It combines the Springboard with the UI, so it's combining both key features of the appliance into one, which should always be the goal. Props. A lot of them. And keep working on this.

Thread still says Doble. You have to have a mod change it.
  7. plokiju

plokiju New Member

Thanks for the suggestions. When I have time I'll try to improve on it.
  8. MikeBoi

MikeBoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm finding it rather naff.

Nice idea though.
  9. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
  10. plokiju

plokiju New Member