Dose anyone else have this problem?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by dukanator, Jan 10, 2009.

1. dukanator

dukanator New Member

I was running 2.2 on my 16gb ipod touch 1st gen for some time now and it was nice but i wanted to jailbreak it so i got quickpwn(the latest vrs.) so i pluged up my ipod and tried it and it was working but at the end of the prosess it said ipod will restart it got stuck at the pineapple screen so i put it into rcovery mode (the one with steeve jobs speeking russian) to try to restore i in itunes but when ever i do it says an unkown error acured (1611) so i try putting it into dfu mode and it gose in and i plug it up but it still gets that error what can i do to get my ipod back please help.!?

ps.if it helps itunes says preparing ipod for restore then my ipod gose to the screen the has the apple logo and progress bar but it never gets past that please help.!?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Did you try restarting your computer. That usually helps. Also make sure you have quickpwn 2.2.

Remember you are not in DFU if you see something on the screen. When you are in DFU it will look like the iPod is off.
  3. dukanator

dukanator New Member

yeah i restarted the computer and quickpwn dosent see it for some reason
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    ok i finaly got it out of that screen with steeve jobs speeking russian and now its at a stange recovery screen with the plug into itunes and a battery icon at the right hand top whats that about?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    hay now its in the normal rcovery screen without the batery icon but it still wont restore when it says preparing ipod for restore its on the screen with the apple logo and the spining wheel thing and it dosent go past that it then say error 1611
  4. ipodnanoinian

ipodnanoinian Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    it happened to mine but i wasnt jailbreaking (yet). try restoring it with another computer.