dork

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by amberguard, Dec 25, 2008.

1. amberguard

amberguard New Member

hi being a bit of an inept and not being able to spend hours trolling through the threads can some one answer me a couple of basic questions:

my daughter downloads music from i tunes...what format is this in are there any other sites she can use or music she can download, if so does then she have to convert it or can she simply download to itouch.

the same with movies can she download any movies and load them or does she have to download the movie and then convert to a format for the itouch to play

the same for games what can she play, what can she download and where from

i appreciate your help and patience, from a dorky dad
  2. leathermonkey7

leathermonkey7 New Member

MP3 is the most common music file type being downloaded today (from lots of sites) Any of these will work on her ipod. MP4 is the video file the ipod uses. If she gets them off itunes, they will work. If the videos are of another file type, they will need to be converted to MP4. Basically, anything she gets from itunes will work right away. For games, your stuck with itunes, unless you "jailbreak" the ipod, which is modifying the software a bit. If its a brand new ipod touch, you cant do that just yet. Hope this helps.
  3. atomicmufin

atomicmufin Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    if she downloads music form itunes, then its already compatible with her touch.

theres a complete list of compatible video formats on apples website under "specifications"

games can be downloaded from the itunes store.

cheers! welcome to the forum.
  4. Reaper2794

Reaper2794 Banned

I will keel you if you call it an iTouch.

I WILL keel you...
  5. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The iTunes format is AAC, but it is compatible with iPods.

Formats compatible with iPod Touches: AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV

Movies downloaded from iTunes are already compatible.
    Formats compatible:Support for 480p and 576p component TV out, H.264 video, up to 1.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Low-Complexity version of the H.264 Baseline Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; H.264 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Baseline Profile up to Level 3.0 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats

Games are downloadable from the App Store.