Doodle jumo mod (No more exploding platforms)

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by iHaxU, Mar 10, 2010.

1. iHaxU

iHaxU New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Doodle jump mod (No more exploding platforms)

Alright very crude but effective hack. It just NOPs the part where its defining if the platform should explode or not. I was suprised when it didn't through a null exception or anything similar as i had expected. I'm also emulating ipdarkstar's method of patching as there are multiple offsets to change.

Instructions:
    SSH into you ipod and go to your doodlejump.app directory. Copy the binary (its called doodlejump with no extension) onto you desktop (or in a folder) and put the executable in the rar file (the one thats attached to this post) in the same place. Run the executable as it is and it will patch you file (it won't sign it for you so be sure you either sign it urself or have checking disabled on ur idevice). It will also make a backup called doodlejump.BAK which will be a copy of the original (non-patched) file. Just but the doodlejump file back into ur ipod using ssh. overwrite. just in case change permissions to... 755 iirc. (correct me if im wrong here) and reboot device. To UNDO the patch simply rename doodlejump.BAK to just doodlejump and copy that to ur ipod. Whew, i feel like im writing a novella.

Please Register or Log in to view images

PS: Don't you just love all my parentheses?

Please Register or Log in to view images

Video Link

Attached Files:

2. ipdarkstar

ipdarkstar New Member

nice work m8y
  3. iHaxU

iHaxU New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch