Don't you think Feb. 29 is a little too long

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by I_am_Mad_like_This, Jan 24, 2008.

1. I_am_Mad_like_This

I_am_Mad_like_This New Member

Don't you think Feb.29 is a little too long? Its like Apple is testing my patience. If it were to be released that date, then the 1.1.3 jailbreak would be released that day. Yeah, I know about the SDK being tonight or tomorrow, but I think that is not true
  2. MomDad

MomDad New Member

I'm afraid you're a bit mixed up -- Apple's *possibly* going to release the SDK in the latter half of February, but have yet to announce a specific date. As for it being "too long", there's not a whole lot you can do -- you're at their mercy as far as how long it takes before it's fully tested and deployed.

If you're referring to the rumored 1.1.3 Jailbreak, this time you're at the dev team's mercy, and they have valid reasons for keeping it private until the SDK is released.

-MD
  3. sito

sito New Member

If you have already upgraded to 1.1.3, my advise is to downgrade and jailbreak again.

1.1.3 has yet to be jailbroken (or jb procedure made public) and the apps have to be adapted to the new OS. This could take some time...

I made the mistake of upgrading to 1.1.3 and even to iTunes 7.6. Last night I reversed the whole thing and I am now on 1.1.2 with all the apps. The only thing I miss is the location feature on GMaps 1.1.3, but just as a curiosity rather than real usefullness.
  4. hotwater10

hotwater10 Banned

i dont care how long it takes buti just dont want a hardware thing were you gotta open your ipod
  5. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

why does it matter to you...call apple and tell them to release it this weekend...people need to learn some patience
  6. n3l619

n3l619 New Member

no its not that long. u guys should be happy wit wat u got. stop being lil babys about it. read a book make some friends do something besides complaining that ur ipod does not hav a few lil new features
  7. Jodymitoma

Jodymitoma New Member

I'm terribly dissapointed that the "announcement" yesterday was that he saved on car insurance...
  8. redgtxdi

redgtxdi New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'll second the notion that waiting is just fine with me!!!!!!!

Heck, has anybody really explored the *end* of 1.1.2JB?????? There are more apps out there than I can try in a year, much less a month.

And considering all the people out there who put so much effort into making some of those apps, I say reward them by trying them out. Let 'em know what you like, don't like, etc.

I think it's an AWESOME strategy by the dev team to wait 'til SDK is released. Consider that they're actually doing us a FAVOR by allowing us to have the best opportunity to protect ourselves against any weird moves by Apple immediately thereafter.

I'll wait as long as dev team think necessary for best results!!!!!!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. sct_nh

sct_nh New Member

um, you guys know that there is no february 29th right?
  10. sct_nh

sct_nh New Member

lol jk its a leap year.