Don't you think Apple kind of asked for jailbreaking?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Dzylon, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Dzylon

Dzylon Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Previous iPods had an Apple chip with the OS on it, along with a seperate hard drive. On the iPod Touch, the filesystem is ON the hard drive, and with all the new models they had the opportunity to fix it, which they didn't. The only benefit I can think of is that you don't have to eject the iPod, but then again I would have preferred disc mode. This whole new design has made jailbreaking all the more possible, and now it's too late for them to turn back. Any thoughts?
  2. Naveen121

Naveen121 Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Apple isn't stupid. That's for sure. Everything they do has a purpose. Maybe they just want to see what other people like Geohot or the Dev Team can come up with. Then they'll just patch it up also and stop signing the old firmware for updates and restores. Something like that. However, I do think that Apple has made a mistake with iOS4. Other than that it seems to be very buggy, it is not supported by 1st Gen. iPods or iPhones. So Apple can't stop signing off on the 3.1.3 firmwares with the 1st Gens. in mind. So some types of devices (like mine - 2nd Gen. MC model 8GB iPod Touch) can downgrade without having our SHSH blobs saved. Apple is just waiting to see what can be created. In a way, I think that Apple (mainly Steve Jobs) likes the whole cat-and-mouse game with jailbreaking. It gives everyone an opportunity to excel.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. QuikAccord

QuikAccord Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Jailbreaking gives the apple thinktank new and FREE ideas to better their products. I'm sure apple has many jailbroken devices in their possession along with keeping up to date on all jb info just like we do.
  4. Naveen121

Naveen121 Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Agreed. I wouldn't even be surprised if some of the members of this site are secretly Apple employees.

5. pyromatic

pyromatic New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    lol like secret informants for apple

6. Dzylon

Dzylon Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I agree. I think the 4.0 update would not have had folders and other things if it wasn't for jailbreaking.
  7. Flying_MashedPotatoes

Flying_MashedPotatoes Banned

!!!

Maybe Naveen is an Apple Spy!!!LOL

8. m0in

m0in Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Oh crap

My cover is blown

ABORT MISSION, ABORT MISSION!
  9. m-man

m-man Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    i think everything said so far it probably true, but also, i think one reason apple locks down all their software and keeps it away from the open source that jail breaking offer's, is because they want to assure that there product will work, many people are not sharp enough or patient enough to explore the open source jail broken world, and apple would be flooded with complaints and false warranty claims etc. they want to ensure the quality of their product.
    i still hate being forced into their cookie cutter world, which is why the iphone and ipod touch are only such good products after they are jailbroken
  10. Apple knows that if they made it unable to jailbreak a lot of people will move over to more open platforms like android