Don't you guys think its funny that

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by buzzcrapia, Jan 27, 2009.

1. buzzcrapia

buzzcrapia Banned

dont you think its funny that when the iphone dev team updated there jailbreaking progress last week to everyone and then the chornic dev team did a jailbreak progress update to?

this made me come to think that the chronic dev team dosnt really know what there doing and they they just copy everything that the iphone dev team dost
    i think they sit around wait to see what the iphone dev team dose and then wait around a day or say and say bam we did it to...look at us we are par with the iphone dev team

kinda fishy to me
    and now how much you wanna bet when the iphone dev team finnaly releases the redsn0w jailbreak so will the chronic dev team

i know some people will get all anal about my post and what not and start talking sh*t and telling them to delete my thread but oh well dosnt make me mad
  2. rasco13

rasco13 New Member

all i can say is.....eh who knows
  3. Acester

Acester New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ummm, I haven't been around here for too long, but correct me if I'm wrong

I believe the chronic dev team was the first to find the arm7/11 exploit? I don't even know what that is, but I remember reading it here..
  4. DaAlmighty1

DaAlmighty1 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think it worked like this:

Chronic found the exploit but didn't know how to use it; iphone dev got lucky and found it in the first hours of their search. Then, Chronic figured out how to do it and the updates' timings were just coincidences.
  5. buzzcrapia

buzzcrapia Banned

not that i know of i mean i could bt wrong about it but i do remember me seeing the iphone dev teams release first befor the chronic's i am actually 98% sure
  6. Man696

Man696 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Chronic wouldn't have been waiting for iphone dev cause iphone dev wasn't even working on the 2g, they just stumbeled upon an exploit in the 3g and wondered if the same thing would be in the ipt2g and it was. iPhone dev just got lucky.
  7. mikeman118

mikeman118 New Member

Ok, obviously you don't really know what you're talking about. The Chronic team found the exploit a while ago, but didn't know what to do with it. The iPhone dev team discovered it a while later and came up with Redsn0w. It's just that the iPhone Dev team was faster. The two teams are working independently I think which explains why Chronic released the same thing a bit later. Both teams are working very hard and we all owe them our thanks.

http://chronic-dev.org/blog/2009/01/exploit/
    http://chronic-dev.org/blog/2009/01/0wnboot/
  8. zachman123

zachman123 New Member

I don't care who figured it out a minute before the other.... but I will care about who releases an untethered one first!
  9. Lase

Lase New Member

Plus, source has been leaked from Chronic indicating he actually is doing stuff, as well as the 0wnboot payload being released. That indicates that he is doing stuff and not copying anything from the Dev Team as they don't make anything public source wise.

In other words, read up before you post. Both Dev Teams are working independently and timing is just out of coincidence.

@Zachman: They're doing it for free so the least you could do is Thank the both of them for even spending their time doing this.
  10. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

Chronic did all the work, dev basically took what chronic had done and implemented it into their own jailbreak, reason why it's not released it's because the jailbreak happens to be tethered.

Please Register or Log in to view images