don't upgrade ifle

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by frozenkimchi, Aug 5, 2009.

1. frozenkimchi

frozenkimchi Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    unless you want to pay 4.00 for ifile, dont upgrade!(im prob gonna be banned

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
  2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

If you'd bothered to READ, you'd know that it states that all CURRENT features remain intact - but to get the registered-only features you need to register. What this version does do is get rid of the 'nag' screen, instead replacing it with a registration option in the Preferences.
  3. frozenkimchi

frozenkimchi Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Seriously? When I read the comments people were like WTF f$$k you!!! Go to hell you bi$$h!
  4. iptman

iptman Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Right

and he wants a certain amount of donation per download, or else he'll stop development

Look for him on here, he is a iptf member
  5. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

I did. His post is here:

I'll quote the main iFile page while I'm at it at this link

Note the part I highlighted in red, and added the underline to for emphasis. What part of that or his previous post says "he'll stop development", or that "you can't use iFile anymore unless you buy it"? At least he didn't take it completely out of 'free' mode the way Pixio did to the old MobileFinder (which Saurik had to use the GoogleCode releases to code his 2.x compatible version), or how Zachary Bedell took out Books from Cydia to make it BookShelf on the App Store ($9.99), or how Rolando went over to the App Store, or how every other game in Cydia went over to the App Store - or even how NES went from freeware to payware when Firmware 3.0 came out. Or even PocketTouch, which went from free software to pay-only. You still get to use it - it's just that it now has 'registered only' options.

From the change log, the current feature is registered-only, although he's stated other features may go registered-only on when they first appear.

As for that 'not upgrading' option, you'll either have to reinstall it from an existing .deb file, or you'll have to learn to ignore the upgrade prompt as otherwise Cydia will prompt you to update it if you installed it from a regular repo.