Don't restore your iPod touch with 3.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by kodaholic, Jun 20, 2009.

1. kodaholic

kodaholic Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My ipod is working great under 3.0, but I decided to do a restore and it turned into a real mess. I of course did a sync right before the restore, and I only had one backup available in iTunes. So I hooked up my iPod, clicked restore, and it went through the usual stuff before before it restarted and gave me the window that allows you to backup your data. As I only had one backup, that's what I used when to my horror I saw that it wasn't putting all my stuff back on my iPod. So it restarted with nothing on it but the factory apps. While doing the restore it produced another backup. So I kept doing restores. Long story short, to get my stuff back I had to go through the various backups until I got the one with my stuff.

Speaking of which, does anyone know where the touch backups are kept on the hard-drive? I would think it should be pretty easy to tell an empty one from the one with all my stuff.
  2. Zase

Zase New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i restored and i didnt try backing up because itunes backup is horrible. for me the only time i would restore is when my ipod touch freezes, dfu mode or jailbreak. just doing a restore just because you feel like it is very unsmart o.o
  3. kodaholic

kodaholic Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    With my new experience I'd have to agree with you. But that kinda sucks because I remember having a problem with Contacts on the iPod updating to my address book on my iMac. A restore under v2.2 fixed that problem. Thank goodness I was able to get everything back

Please Register or Log in to view images