Dont have Wifi access

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by aranb07, Dec 26, 2008.

1. aranb07

aranb07 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi guys i want to jailbreak my ipod and the question is quite simply can i do this without a wifi connection and is there a guide for 2.1

I have looked at a couple of guides on this forum but am confused, i have had a look a total commander but am clueless, any guides to do this step by step, if possible at all? I just want to load some emulators/roms, regards
  2. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yes. Just upgrade to 2.2 via iTunes, then quickpwn it.
  3. iPoTH4CK3R

iPoTH4CK3R Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yes, either find the old version of QuickPwn that is compatible with 2.1, or upgrade to 2.2 and Use the latest QuickPwn.

There is no need for Wi-FI WHILE jailbreaking, however Jailbreaking is kind of useless without wi-fi, because you will not be able to download the themes, jailbroken apps etc. from Cydia without wi-fi.

Also, not sure which one you hav. But please not you Cannot jailbreak the 2G Touch (The newest one with volume rocker and speaker built in).
  4. aranb07

aranb07 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    problem solved*
  5. aranb07

aranb07 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok guys i have finally managed to jailbreak with the 2.1 firmware using QuickPwn, i hope this isnt against the rule but i have downloaded some apps and want to put them onto the ipod, i cant use installer since i dont have wifi, anyone have an idea how to put them on? regards aranb