Don't have SSH

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by godzilla55, Jun 3, 2008.

1. godzilla55

godzilla55 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    On my 1.1.4 ipod touch i don't have the app for SSHing into your ipod called Open SSH that i previously had on my 1.1.1 ipod touch before i restored and jalibreaked my ipod again. In the uninstall part of the installer it says i have open SSH but i don't have the program in the main menu.
    Is there a reason for this and if i should have it there how would i go about getting it there?

Thanks in advanced
  2. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Search before you post. There's no icon for OpenSSH on 1.1.3/4. You need BossPrefs or Services to toggle the SSH option.
  3. Ulysses_609

Ulysses_609 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Yes it is there but it doesnt show up on the home screen. Because on 1.1.1/2 it was an actuall application for the ssh. But on 1.1.3/4 its there but its not there there. Do you understand. Its kind of like BSD Subsystem its there but you can't see it on the home screen.
  4. AngelSynth

AngelSynth Banned

aaaw, cut him some slack man, he has a low post count, most people don't think about the search function when they're new...

lol, I know I didn't when I was introduced to the wonderful world of iPhones!

Just try to remember to search next time, ok?

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Hmm.....I don't agree with your argument because I actually searched when I first joined rather than asking about everything.
  6. AngelSynth

AngelSynth Banned

Some people do, some people aren't inclined to...

I don't mind newcomers who don't search before they post. But when a rather "seasoned user" does it, then I get kinda ticked...

Besides, we should encourage newcomers to the website, more users = more money going to bgizzle from ad sponsors

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Can't argue that last one, new users = iPTF staying alive.
  8. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    its fine, don't worry about it, he knows to search now
  9. isitnyu

isitnyu New Member

why do some people like the dude up there gets so pissed when some one repeats a thread?? if it pisses them off so much then dont answer and ignore it. it seems like you are one haughty person on itouches and stuff. this forum is for people that need help, dont go basing on them telling them to search.
  10. AngelSynth

AngelSynth Banned

dude, no ones mad at you

Everyone has to learn sometime, until then, it's only natural that you make some mistakes, like double-posting threads. The important part is that you learn,

"Laughing at our mistakes can lengthen our own life. Laughing at someone else's can shorten it." -Leonardo Da'Vinci