Don't feel like jailbreaking, buy my touch!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mateo, May 12, 2009.

1. mateo

mateo Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Saving up for a new computers, so I'm selling my touch. Not officially just yet, but I figured this would be a good place to post before eBay. Its an 8gb first gen iPod originally bought for $300. I figure the release of the 2nd gen probably brings the value down to $200, and the use would bring it down more, except its in great condition, and it comes with probably $150 worth in apps that I got on it. Of course its jailbroken, and it has served me well. Physically, it has an almost perfect front, with no noticable scratches, and a slightly scratched back, but if your going to buy a used iPod, you should expect that.

Anway, it works perfect and still has great battery life. The only reason I'm selling it is because its the most expensive thing I own that I can sell. It wakes me up in the morning. It soothes me on the way to school. It gives me something to do at the most boring of times. I can read my email on the go, or watch a movie on a long trip. Theres so many awesome games on it, and even some awesome music making toys. I can Im someone anywhere, and OH YEA: I've personally cutomized it with a dock i made in fireworks, and a really cool wallpaper, and a transparent touch to unlock unlock thinggy.oh and a custom battery image that is totally awesome!

Please Register or Log in to view images

So in summary, you are not buying a simple used iPod, you are buying a piece of my soul that I have poured time and effort into. It was probably the best $300 i've ever spent... the only reason I'm selling it is because for christ sake, i just want to f*cking game on my f*cking compu... sorry... is because i really want a new computer that can handle games and 3d modeling and is really fast as opposed to my shi-crappy laptop.

If you are interested please contact me at my email or aim screename
    email: mattj7theriot@gmail.com
    aim: mattatblahdotcom

because i really like these forums, but ultimately I don't spend alot of time on them.
  2. LeanPocketTouch

LeanPocketTouch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Should be in "Marketplace" section...
  3. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The problem is that once you sync, you'll lose all those apps.
  4. ChronicFunk

ChronicFunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I would not pay $200 for a first gen, even new. Good luck selling man. I'd pay a solid $130 depending on condition. I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels this way especially with a new iPod touch coming in September.
  5. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah I agree its a bit too much. I got a new second gen 8gb for that much about a week ago.
  6. Noise...

Noise... Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I wouldn't even pay $130. He's f***ing high if he thinks he'll get $200 for it. You can go to any store that still has 1G Touches and buy it brand new for that.

And using apps as a selling point is far from fair. As soon as it's synced to a new account, all of those apps are gone - unless you're including your iTunes account with it.

Also, don't be shocked if the mods ban you for posting this here. For sale threads belong in the marketplace.
  7. sirjonofun

sirjonofun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You guys did notice that the final price he said it was for sale for was $150, right? Still a little steep, but not too bad for such an awesome piece of technology.
  8. Sambo110

Sambo110 New Member

My 6 month iPod Touch's back isn't scratched...
  9. josh0403

josh0403 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    He said thats how much the apps are worth. The final price was 200.