Don't complain about the camera! Apple just saved us 300+ bucks!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by furiousone, Sep 9, 2009.

1. furiousone

furiousone New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Well, I think all of us were expecting a camera, putting money away for the 3g, and it did not happen. So what? Probably 75% of the people will not upgrade their Ipod to 2gs version, which basically means Apple saved us all from spending $300 (the price of the cheapest "true" 2gs Ipod touch). Apple stock going down also shows that the investors think the same way - people will not upgrade from 2g to 2gs. Now we can all stick with our 2g without any regrets of not having some cool feature that 2gs has (unless the teardown shows some hidden gems inside of 2gs, like bluetooth in 2g, gps in 2gs?). I can say that I felt kind of bad justifying 300 dollar purchase of a new ipod with a 3mp camera, while having a much better standalone digital camera. Now I dont have this problem.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. theLorax

theLorax Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    hey that's good that you look at it in a positive light. i was predicting that 2g users would end up disappointed.

for me, i'm coming from a 1g, and so the 3g is a very worthwhile upgrade for me.
  3. wSYayo

wSYayo New Member

I never felt that the ipod touch would have a cam...sometime down the line MAYBE i mean look at the nano. i tried to avoid these forums for the better of a few months because i kept seeing alot of people talk about camera's and i didn't want to be mr.negative, i say be happy with what you got
  4. KerrWasHere

KerrWasHere Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    yeah the 1g can go to 3g, or they can go to 32gb 2g for a price drop, YAY
  5. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Well, ppl like my fiancee who has a 3gen nano can be happy... The new nano is camera-equipped but minus the hi-tech gadgetry of the iPod touch, so she should consider getting this one to replace her old iPod!

Anyway, as for me, I did not have any plans to replace my loyal, year-old iPod touch and to be honest, I went to bed at 0130 hrs, just after Steve announced the 3.1 firmware update!

6. johndixon

johndixon New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    the thing is, who deosnt already have a camera phone nowaday? especially ppl who are tech savy enough to get a ipod touch. so theres really no point in getting a camera in ur ipod touch, cause for one it wouldnt have better resolution than most cellphone nowdays (2mp), and it would bulk up the ipod touch
  7. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ooh! Ooh! Me!

I have no cell phone.
  8. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

Personally a camera on the front would be more welcome than a camera on the back (for me anyway)
  9. Snipeout231

Snipeout231 New Member

10. tawelton

tawelton New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    My main man here...i feel the pain...no cell phone club jk