Dont Close My Thread Before Reading It

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Pyrofer, Dec 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pyrofer

Pyrofer New Member

BLUETOOTH!
    Ill say it again BLUETOOTH!

I found a way to ADD bluetooth to the touch. Not activate any stupid non-existant internal bt. I am NOT an idiot. jeez, READ before you close.

I have a bluetooth IC that has serial control and plan to interface it to the dock connector in the same way the MIC has just been connected as an external BT dongle.

I need help from somebody who is proficient with linux and the BlueZ stack to help get it working.

But of course you can just close this thread again if you are too stupid to understand what im saying.
  2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

The dongle serial port has been discussed time and time again!!! I just saw a thread that was closed because of this. Good idea though.
  3. Pyrofer

Pyrofer New Member

I dont understand why the thread got closed, they just said, they can use the serial port, its activated.
    I have a bluetooth chip that will connect via that working serial port.
    a little hacking with the Bluez stack and we have bt on the ipod.
    Why isnt everybody jumping on this?!
  4. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

The thread got closed because there were 13 billion copies of them and some people don't like to have the forum cluttered up. If you have confirmed the hack, post. You will be hailed as the next coming of Jesus. Funny how things are that way, eh? [I'm not Canadian]
  5. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well im waiting for blueye (i think thats what it was called) to come out. Screw bluetooth. Im gonna use my ipod as a phone. Blueye will connect your ipod to your phone (supposedly).
  6. Pyrofer

Pyrofer New Member

Thats the thing, I didnt get the serial port working, somebody else did. Apparently it needs a little handshake to activate, thats all.
    I DO have however a working bluetooth dongle that only requires a serial port to connect.
    The only thing I cant do is work out how to get Bluez compiled for the ipod and using the serial connection for the HCI interface.
    Ive connected my micro controller to the bt chip over serial before but cant write a BT stack myself, so got nowhere. I did however send/recieve HCI data from it.
  7. tomsabin

tomsabin New Member

Bingo.

If you really want me to press the button.

Working with the iPod touch (as in plugged into the iPod touch), if so screenshot plx?
  8. Elric

Elric New Member

who cares Bluetooth has no room in my iPod, I have a MacBook and a cell phone. It would be a waste of money, (the consumers money! It wouldn't be free you know!) and I know I would never ever use it.
  9. Blake

Blake Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    OMG Yea!
    That is so awsome.
    Cant wait!!!!!
    /sarcasm
  10. Elric

Elric New Member

Heh that was my sarcastic response too LOL
Thread Status: