"donations" for beta software will be abused.

Discussion in 'Playstation 1 (PSX) Emulator (psx4iphone)' started by Snowspot, Dec 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snowspot

Snowspot New Member

bad idea in my eyes... at first it seems ok.. but what happens when you have to donate more to get the next beta? Lets be frank.. its not a donation. its a payment. you are paying for unfinished software... just kind of odd to me. I hope this isnt a trend. It could really ruin homebrew if the wrong people start doing it.
  2. jungzandvliet

jungzandvliet New Member

Its a donation. For his work on the psx4all and gpsphone and all his work. Its optional. You get access to the beta section of the forum as a thanks for the donation. You must see it like that. And its forever. And you get access to all beta's then. BUt still its called beta's. So they arent working that well. And everything still comes out in public so its not like you pay to need to use that app.. And its to keep the support a little bit down. And he accepts other ways of donation so.
  3. viken

viken New Member

uh, no. The sentence 'you are paying for an unfinished software' itself is wrong because the 'you are' from the way you're using it targets the entire iphone/touch consumer market who jailbreaked their toy, and you know it's not true.

2ndly, 'have to donate more to get the next beta'? are you kidding me, 'have to' here suggests that ppl 'have to donate to get the first beta' I presume? and that sentence itself in turn suggests that 'getting the beta is a big deal'? you see where you're going with this? dude who the hell cares about the beta with games running at 20% framerate? people who donated did it because it's like encouragement or the maker himself(zottd in this case) might feel soemthing like "het why the f*** im i doing this lol" and stop doing it, making the lucky people who doesn't donate suffer.

in summary this donations thing is nothing but good news to people who doesn't donate. You, I assumed as someone belonging to this cat., are complaining about something that benefits you? get a doctor or something
  4. markymarkdotcom

markymarkdotcom New Member

So am I supposed to read this thread and go "Wow this guy is totally right! I shouldn't give money to people who I think deserve it"?

Cause with your logic, I shouldn't donate to the Canadian Cancer Society, because they haven't come out with a full cure for cancer yet!
  5. dwonder3

dwonder3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch

GOOD POINT! lol
  6. Snowspot

Snowspot New Member

ha...no lets try looking at the bigger picture. the reason we are creating homebrew is because its free... homemade... unrestricted. once people starting asking for donations on beta software... where will it end? my comment before about paying for the next beta was what i imagine will happen. um... how is the cancer society thing the same at all...what a dumb thing to say.

its like paying for wareZ. i think the gba and psx emulator are examples of how it CAN work... but it going to be abused. That was the point of my thread ... not to bash his app... sheesh
  7. brazlyn

brazlyn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Bullcrap,

I think Showspot is right. If other people started to take money for their homebrew, this hole system would break down.
    And all you Suck-Ups who always say "Oh zodttd please let me suck your balls... ahhh..." you are just wrong.

€dit: Merry Christmas
  8. jungzandvliet

jungzandvliet New Member

Damn geesh. Zodttd is like one of they only. That is giving the public a chance to actually test the beta's. Normally with all those emulators. You must wait till its fully working. And then its get released. And you dont have to pay. There are otherways to get the access. And its not that he wants 9999999999999999999 dollars out of it. Even 1 or 2 dollar is already e nough to getinto the beta forum.
  9. jmiz9000

jmiz9000 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    he is giving us emulators and staying up very late doing this
  10. Snowspot

Snowspot New Member

Not that I don't think he works hard... but... its kind of an unspoken rule in homebrew that you dont charge people... i guess you pay for the chance to see a beta release before everyone else... but that could lead to developers delaying apps just so they can have as many people donate for beta's as possible.... think that could be happening now? ::mischief:: (i really dont think thats happening in this case)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.