Doing a smoked image

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by johnmabassa, Mar 19, 2009.

1. johnmabassa

johnmabassa Member

I was trying to make an app where you have an image which is covered by a grey image ( smoke

Please Register or Log in to view images

) and once you move your finger on it......the original image in that location should come visible........ what should be the right approach to do it??....

-John
  2. Cyanidepoison

Cyanidepoison Active Member

Detect touch of the UIView that the image is in, then do a transition that makes the image appear to "fade out".
  3. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Subclass UIImageView into smoked image. Override the setImage method and make the code something like this: - (void) setImage

Please Register or Log in to view images

UIImage *)anImage { [super setImage:anImage]; [self addSubview:smokeView] };

Override the UIImageView's touch methods sort of like this: ...touchesBegan:... { [super ...touchesBegan...]; smoke.alpha = 0.0; } and this: ...touchesEnded:... { [super ...touchesEnded:...]; [UIView beginAnimations:nil context:NULL]; smoke.alpha = 1.0; [UIView commitAnimations]; }
  4. johnmabassa

johnmabassa Member

I think there was a confusion actually I wanted the original image in the touched position to appear
    Let me give an example...

Suppose u are standing infront of a fogged mirror.....when u drag your finger on it....your face comes visible on that touched area.... I was trying to do that....I hope now it is clear....

in between can u just look at my code in my other thread "Need help with UITouch" whether I am doing the right thing or not??
    -Thanks
    -John
  5. DJT

DJT New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I think he means something like iSteam. Sorry if I'm wrong.