Doing a full backup of apps

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Kallen, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Kallen

Kallen Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Is there a way to fully backup and restore the apps and their data? Today my touch (1g 16gb Jailbroke) messed up to where non of my apps would open. So in iTunes I unsynced then re-synced them. now everything works great, but i=n some programs I had to redo all my settings. One example was "What's on TV?". I had to rechoose all the channels for the guide, go through and reselect all my favorites, etc. I have a couple other apps that I had to redo as well.
    I don't care about backing up media as that is all on my computer anyways. Apps and settings is what i need to save. I havn't found anything in my searches, any ideas?
  2. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  3. Kallen

Kallen Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Wow Chris, this is EXACTLY what I was looking for! And from the looks of it you are doing a great job with it!!
    From working on PCs I know the importance of doing backups! And after my little episode today I realized that like any other computer, this wonderful little device had to backed up as well.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks, i look forward to it's release!
  4. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Haha I'm building this based completely off of what I read every day on here. Backups are extremely important and I, as always, do my best to make backing up as diverse and simple as possible.

The app is a work in progress, but works almost flawlessly in the sense of copying things back and forth and setting permissions etc. Let me know if you want to beta test.
  5. viciouskilla

viciouskilla New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hey chris, can i have the beta test? i need to copy my apps on my harddive....i been reading about the program and it is really good idea. I can't imagine the time and effort you put into this program.
  6. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It's been in development for the past 6 months, I'll tell you that much

It isn't crapware, I'll also tell you that much.

It crashes because it has a few instabilities mostly related to aesthetics, I'll admit that part

I wouldn't mind for you to test. Shoot me a PM with what type of device you have and your system specs and an email address that I can give you information to meet up with the rest of the testers on IRC later this weekend.
  7. viciouskilla

viciouskilla New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i wish i knew what you just said lol i will PM you later on, just one thing, how do a person like me check their computer specs on vista?
  8. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The fact that you have vista means that we'll need to do some one on one testing over VNc. It behaves strangely on Vista (7 too, I'm sure.) Mostly because of how UAC and other Vista "security" features cripple how it works.

But yes, PM me whenever you want more info.