DOH!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by freelancer91, Feb 4, 2008.

1. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok, I screwed up big time. I was in WinSCP and I was trying to copy and paste 2 .txt files into my ipod touch. I must have been tired after the superbowl party because I hit "sync local directory with remote directory" and didn't bother to specify the correct directory. Once it stated to sync, I was too late. It deleted everything in my root directory, all of my files are gone. No application will run correctly now. I am going to have to restore the whole damn ipod and start over! Do you guys suggest that I restore it to firmware version 1.1.3 or just keep it with my previous 1.1.1 firmware?

(P.S.: Don't call me an idiot. I know I'm an idiot.)
  2. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

um...well cause iv havnt actually JB'ed 1.1.3, im waiting for the real Dev version, i would say go to 1.1.3 and keep it as it is. I see loads of people having the continuous same problems with JB 1.1.3 and im not risking it. i guess you did before and it payed off so congrats.
  3. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well if you have everything you need to do a full 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 jailbreak with all the steps in between by all means do it. It takes a while but its all worth it. A jailbroken version of 1.1.3 is so much better in comparison to the older versions.