Doesn't the iTouch Show Folders?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by vocals55, Aug 16, 2009.

1. vocals55

vocals55 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Sorry...I may have posted this in the wrong section, the fist time.

Hi, I'm a newbie, and need some quick assistance. I have organized all music in iTunes within folders. Example: I have a folder named, The Beatles. Inside the Beatles folder are Playlists with 22 Beatles albums. After syncing my iTouch, all I can see are Playlists--no folders. I looked in Preferences to see if I could find a "show folders option," with no luck. It seems you can sort in several complex ways, but not by folders. Could this possibly be correct? This seems to be one of the simplest moves I should be able to make.

Thanks in advance,
    Vocals55
  2. gunzmaiet

gunzmaiet New Member

no folders, only on PC, maybe though a jailbreak though
  3. vocals55

vocals55 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks, Gunzmaiet.

All I can say, "simply unbelievable." As I mentioned, I'm a newbie. Would you clue me in on Jailbreak? I see that you're using 3.0 jailbroken, so I figure you know quite a bit about it. Sounds like a third party application to me.

Thanks,
    Vocals55
  4. Frostbite714

Frostbite714 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    "3rd party application".......(speechless)

Jailbreaking is an act of hacking, if you will. It is not a third party application, (though 3rd party applications are used to jailbreak an ipod) it is a way to hack the apple firmware/operating system on your iPod, so you can do things on your ipod that could not normally be done. For example; customizing themes and backrounds, downloading/saving youtube videos, changing icon pictures, wifi, and carrier logos, and my personal favorite...turning your ipod into a gameboy by using a gameboy emulator. Jailbreaking unravels a near unlimited things for you to do on your ipod that you cant do on un-jailbroken firmwares.
  5. Frostbite714

Frostbite714 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    heres some examples of what i mean

Attached Files: