Does your iPod Touch Battery ever do this......?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sdschramm, Feb 17, 2009.

1. sdschramm

sdschramm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I don't know why, but more and more my battery has been playing games with me.

Like yesterday after school, I plugged in my iPod and it was on charge for over 6 hours until I needed it again and unplugged it. I then used it to listen to music and used the WiFi for about an hour and a half. My battery went from 100 to 72 which I thought was pretty good considering I was using it a lot of stuff at once for a long time and it was still at 72%. Then I shut it off (not all the way OFF, just locked) and went to bed. This morning I wake up and it is at 55%?!?! Nothing was running (or in the background) and even push email and stuff is all off! It magically went from 72 to 55 just by sitting on the table! Then I walked to school and played music while doing so. About 20 mins. Battery went from 55 to 49 which is reasonable. Again, I then stop the music and anything else that is running and put it on lock. I didn't listen to it at ALL during school, In fact, it never even left my pocket today. I then start to walk home from school and find that it went from the 49% to 24%!! Again, it magically lost power. Then, heres the thing - when I got home 20 mins later I checked the battery again and it was up to 29%! It magically gained power just by playing a few songs!

This iPod is just over a year old, and I have taken good care of it. (i'm not one of those people who "abuses" the battery by improperly charging it. I always cycle my charges (run it dead, charge it all the way up, vs randomly charging and discharging it and wearing it out)

So I was wondering, has anyone else noticed this? Is this a software problem or a hardware problem? The fact that I am loosing so much power when it is doing nothing, and then GAINING power just my playing music is what boggles my mind.

Any ideas?

-Scott
  2. M.J.B.

M.J.B. New Member

apple makes really bad battery detectors:/
  3. mogey16816

mogey16816 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Try letting it die all the way. It the battery indicator needs you to do this once a month for it to read correctly.
  4. flashisflamable

flashisflamable New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    True that, sometimes when listening to music, it will say 20% remaining, and I turn down the volume, then the battery meter turns green again...whats up with that
  5. manutdfan539

manutdfan539 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    What he said.

The calibration can get messed up. Let it Drain ALL THE WAY. (That means until it makes you plug into iTunes.) Then Charge to 100%!!! NOT a full battery picture, that can be 80%. I recommend charging overnight. (For 100% Charge)
  6. AvodCS

AvodCS Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    No, my battery never did that. But it tried to kill me in my sleep. Bastard.
  7. idk761

idk761 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes it does, really annoying.
  8. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz Banned

Here ya go.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Try looking at stickies once in a while.
  9. fckinfamous

fckinfamous Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    My battery did that once but i had ssh turned on though.
  10. touchhacker101

touchhacker101 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I agree, the iPod battery level dectector is pretty bad...