Does Yahoo Mail now work the update?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by espy, Jan 15, 2008.

1. espy

espy New Member

Even with jailbroken iPod Touches, the mail.app didn't work with Yahoo mail. People seem to suspect it requires the initial connection be done through a cellular data network and not through WiFi. Does it work now?

I thought it might but my 1.1.2 mail.app still doesn't let me add my Yahoo mail account.
  2. truthstar

truthstar Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    To use Yahoo Mail you must pay for POP access through Yahoo. It's complete sh*t that Apple would put people under the impression that you could use Yahoo mail for free and not mention you have to pay to access it from your phone/ipod.
  3. espy

espy New Member

iPhone users don't have to pay for POP access because Yahoo has a special agreement with Apple for iPhone users. Since the iPod Touch did not have the Mail.app originally it made sense for Yahoo Mail not to work on the iPod Touch.
  4. owie007

owie007 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

hu? mail didn't worl on the ipod touch? i doubt it, i have been using yahoo and mail on my ipod touch 1.1.1/1.1.2... and now on 1.1.3 without any problems! worked like a charm!
  5. espy

espy New Member

Sigh.

Mail.app does work on the iPod Touch. Non-American Yahoo email addresses have free POP access, including yahoo.co.uk addresses which is what I'm assuming you're using.

yahoo.com addresses can only be accessed on an iPod Touch through Safari which is not what I'm interested in doing.
  6. owie007

owie007 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yep... i'm on .co.uk
    so the .com has a charge? WTF?

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. cipriani14

cipriani14 New Member

I just set up my FREE Yahoo! account with no problems on 1.1.3 with the purchased apps....works freakin great. I already have my account set up to my BlackBerry but I guess you can never have too much email..right?

oh and I am in the states with a normal yahoo.com email addy
  8. Chucky102

Chucky102 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    omg
    yes, yahoo mail works great
    i bought the apps, and i can write, view etc all my email..
    and its really cool
  9. Nevermind42592

Nevermind42592 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yep, I can also confirm the new 1.1.3 software update with mail lets you use Yahoo Mail even if you don't pay for premium. I'm in the US.
  10. ricthar

ricthar New Member

this is one of the first things i did with the new apps, was able to setup with no problem.