Does winpwn...

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by ipodtouch1234, Apr 19, 2008.

1. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    does winpwn change the ipod's boot logo when you do the actually pwn process? or is it only changed when you install a custom firmware with itunes? I only ask because I want to pwn, but I don't want to go to the apple store with an ipod that boots a pwnapple and then crashes. I understand that a custom firmware will change the boot logo if you desire, but I didn't know if the ipwner just does it anyway.
  2. ipodtouchdude

ipodtouchdude Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    you have to make a custom firmware but you don't have to have custom boot logo and recovery logo just don't click it when you make a custom firmware

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. ipodtouch1234

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    thats not what I am asking. When you pwn the bootloader does it change the boot logo until you restore to a CFW with a logo of your choice. So if I were to use it, and I bricked it, it would only show the boot logo and won't go into restore, would I see the apple logo or a winpwn logo or something else. I just don't want apple to see that I attempted to pwn if I have to return it incase it bricks.
  4. x6blues

x6blues New Member

When you pwn your Touch, it is flashing the bootloader so it can run unsigned code. The only way it will show a custom logo is if you chose to build the FW with custom images. So no, if it were to get bricked while pwning, no custom logo would show.
  5. ipodtouch1234

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    thanks, thats all I needed x6. Apple isn't going to believe that you did nothing if there is a pwnapple or something.